Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I want to take a look at why my backup camera is not working very well, so would like to open up the back plastic hatch. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove it? I can't seem to figure out how it is attached to the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
Are you talking about the black trim on the hatch? It is held on with plastic clips, just like the door panels and just about everything else that is plastic in the car. It is possible to remove them yourself with a clip remover, but you will probably break some. I removed this trim on my Prius and broke one clip. I had enough there to get it back securely though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leonar40: thanks for the response. Yes, I am referring to the black trim on the hatch. I just need to get access to the wires to better insulate it. Are those clips pretty standard? Can I find them pretty easily online?

btw, you are referring to the white clips on either side when you remove the small plastic rectangular covers right?

·
Registered
394 Posts
If I remember right there are some small clips that have have to be slid with a screwdriver first. Inside the hatch you will see two pockets, in each of these pockets there is a place to insert a flat tipped screwdriver and slide it. I did a video of all this when installing my back-up cam, but decided I didn't want to complete and post it (since it involved wire splicing etc..). I might be able to post just the part of removing the trim pieces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.