Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......without having to drill holes in the painted bumper. My local law enforcement has become most aggresive in citing cars without front license plates (think: revenue generation). :)
IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0025.jpg
I found the factory provided black plastic mounting plate fits quite comfortably in the area just below the painted bumper.
IMG_0027.jpg
By simply drilling two slots in the black plastic grill, just below the painted bumper, the plastic mounting plate can be snuggly fastened using two electrical ties ("zip ties"). If the plate were removed, the drilled slots would not be noticeable unless you were kneeling on the ground. I used a 3/8 inch drill to cut the slot with a hand drill.
IMG_0029.jpg

I used some rubber weatherstripping on the lower part of the bracket such that the rubber contacts the grill, to provide a more firm foundation.
IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0032.jpg
I had the parts laying around in the garage, so it cost me nothing :) but if you went out and bought the stuff, it wouldn't be but a few dollars. Observant eyes will note that I trimmed about a half inch off the bottom of the plate. This was not necessary, but I thought it looked better. Also, I use a ScanGauge and have noticed absolutely no change in coolant temperature or temperature in either motor-generator.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks great. Thanks for the alternative to ruining the looks of my CT. No problems with the police for trimming the plate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is great! Does anyone know where to get the factory black, plastic mounting plate that is depicted here? I just bought a used 2012 CT 200h and it did not come with one. I live in California and need the front plate. Thankfully I found this thread and would like to install my plate in a similar fashion. I looked for them at Sewel but don't see them in their inventory. Should I just try the dealership?

·
Registered
990 Posts
This is great! Does anyone know where to get the factory black, plastic mounting plate that is depicted here? I just bought a used 2012 CT 200h and it did not come with one. I live in California and need the front plate. Thankfully I found this thread and would like to install my plate in a similar fashion. I looked for them at Sewel but don't see them in their inventory. Should I just try the dealership?
I have one still in plastic packaging. PM me an offer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts