Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a brief "how to" for replacing the map lights with LED smd's.

Hopefully this will help people and show how easy this replacement is.

As usual remember the polarity of the connection has to be correct or the LED's won't work.

I also wanted to to increase the brightness as much as possible so I replaced the wedge bulbs with flat multiple LED's.

The map light pops off with the aid of a plastic spatula.

The hardest part is removing the wedge bulb.

A 9 led smd fits nicely inside the lens housing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
First thanks for all of the how to docs for these replacements. I've completed interior LED replacements for all the lights except for the map lights. Any additional details on how to remove the wedge light bulbs. Tips for things that have worked for others?

I tried to pull straight down on the lights with as much force as I could put on the light bulb without fear of breaking it. Neither of them seem to be giving, maybe someone with small fingers?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thanks for all of the how to docs for these replacements. I've completed interior LED replacements for all the lights except for the map lights. Any additional details on how to remove the wedge light bulbs. Tips for things that have worked for others?

I tried to pull straight down on the lights with as much force as I could put on the light bulb without fear of breaking it. Neither of them seem to be giving, maybe someone with small fingers?
Yes getting a grip on the glass can be a challenge. A piece of rubber tubing pushed over the bulb may give enough grip then the bulb pulls straight out - no twisting !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes getting a grip on the glass can be a challenge. A piece of rubber tubing pushed over the bulb may give enough grip then the bulb pulls straight out - no twisting !!!
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give this a try as soon as I return from my business trip later this week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had exactly the same problem and after trying in vain to remove with fingers alone I put a small loop of sticky tape round the bulb with a short "tail". Steady pull on the tail and the bulb came straight out really easily.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally had a nice enough day to do this. The tape trick made this super easy to do, thanks for the suggestions. Much happier with the new LED's

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most SMD's come with appropriate connector to "plug in" to original bulb connector

·
Registered
40 Posts
GOOD!! is it difficult to connect the LED, and how? would you please advise, tks in advance!
I replaced the factory bulb with a mini wedge LED bulb that has the same connector as the factory bulb. Once the bulb was out, the LED one simply pushed into the connector, no tools required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts