Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can someone help me understand how to improve the straight-line steering feel of the CT?

I am thinking of buying one, but the vehicle I test drove was very erratic at highway speeds -- it felt more sensitive to slight steering wheel movements than my Prius. :(

I was hoping for steering that is more center weighted.
More like a Audi or BMW.

I tried the vehicle in Sport, ECO, and Normal modes.
The Sport was overall more responsive during acceleration and turns; however, steering on all three modes felt similar on roads.

If I purchase the vehicle, can I get the steering modified with a new cal at the dealer?

Thank You.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i came from a BMW e92 to the ct200h, i know what you mean, but after driving it in sports mode for awhile, it'll feels a lot better, more feel to it, and a centered feel to it, but try not to compare it to a BMW... try to drive it in sports mode more and see how you like it. maybe you'll get use to it.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hello,
Can someone help me understand how to improve the straight-line steering feel of the CT?

I am thinking of buying one, but the vehicle I test drove was very erratic at highway speeds -- it felt more sensitive to slight steering wheel movements than my Prius. :(

I was hoping for steering that is more center weighted.
More like a Audi or BMW.

I tried the vehicle in Sport, ECO, and Normal modes.
The Sport was overall more responsive during acceleration and turns; however, steering on all three modes felt similar on roads.

If I purchase the vehicle, can I get the steering modified with a new cal at the dealer?

Thank You.
noobie009 --this is actually one of the issues that was pointed out in some CT auto mag reviews. I Have noticed it on the highway. I am thinking the next time I go to a tire service center to see if the can adjust the front wheel alignment to have slight toe-in (1/16 - 1/8 inch) which would fix the issue. However, you need to be careful, because too much causes excessive tire wear.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tire pressure and a better alignment would help.

But the electronic steering is pretty much the biggest cause of this.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I dont notice any issues with steering . It don't handle like no mini cooper does and I feel that's due to the suspension

1 - 5 of 5 Posts