Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disable the annoying backup voice? I can't find the answer in neither navigation setup nor front panel setup.
Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does anyone know how to disable the annoying backup voice? I can't find the answer in neither navigation setup nor front panel setup.
Thanks.
I don't know about a backup voice, but the backup beeping is a dealer set option. The dealer can change the constant beeping to one beep when backing up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about a backup voice, but the backup beeping is a dealer set option. The dealer can change the constant beeping to one beep when backing up.
The beeping is what I meant, I'll ask dealer to reset it once.
Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The beeping is what I meant, I'll ask dealer to reset it once.
Thanks.
If you have NAV, I think that you can set it yourself. I don't remember exactly how to get there on the NAV screen, but it's pretty self-explanatory. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have NAV, I think that you can set it yourself. I don't remember exactly how to get there on the NAV screen, but it's pretty self-explanatory. :)

While there are many settings that can be changed within the Nav, this - as well as the annoying seat belt beeping - must be changed with the dealer. It's super simple, I walked in at a non-busy time and immediately a tech came out, hooked a computer to my car, and disabled the beeps for me in seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Why the need to disable the seat belt beep? Do you drive unbelted or do you sometimes have big heavy objects in your passenger seat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a beeping sound when you put the CT in reverse and it's annoying. The sound is only inside the car and not outside to alert people that you are backing up. I will ask my Lexus tech to disable that sound when I bring my CT in for service.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why the need to disable the seat belt beep? Do you drive unbelted or do you sometimes have big heavy objects in your passenger seat?
After having the seat belt beep go off yesterday when all I had was two bags of groceries (granted they were two heavy bags of groceries) in the passenger seat, I decided that I want to get that alarm turned off in my car too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts