Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local dealer...they tell me they rotate the tires, top off the fluids, change air filter (not sure if that's a cabin filter or filter under the hood)...and, do a checkover of the car..all this for $189...sounds like a lot..not even changing the oil...I did get a coupon in the mail for service for $50 off from a dealer a little bit farther away...asked my dealer if they would take it towards my service...the way I look at it, if they don't, I will just drive a little bit farther and use it at the issuing dealer. I just don't get why the service seems so high for what they are doing...and, because it's the same as a Prius engine, can I service it at a Toyota dealer and any thoughts on whether it would be cheaper there?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think Lexus labor rate is like $110 to $130 per hour, and if it is interior cabin filter, it would be around $40 to $60. The rest is probably tax on the filter.

And yeah you could service the CT at Toyota dealer. I even asked my Lexus dealer about it and they said yes. The only thing they counter on that is that I would get a Lexus loaner car from them. :p I do take it to my dealer for service because it is 2 miles from my work and I have to say the service was awesome. I am so used to BMW and Mini dealers service that Lexus service was a cut above the rest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Up north it is $130 if Lexus does it and $90 if Toyota does it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a coupon for $50 off service from another local dealer whom I have never been to....my regular servicing dealer accepted it as I guess if they hadn't I would have gone to the dealer who sent me the coupon for service...either way, I got the $50 off so $139 not too bad

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just took my 2013 CT200h in for it's 15,000 mile service today. They rotated the tires, inspected the car, topped off the fluids, reset the "maintenance required" reminder, and washed my car. Total cost was $19.99 at Marion Toyota.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Air filter is only $10--$15 on line and it takes 5 sec to release the clips of the filter housing & put the new filter in. Same for the cabin filter....no brainer. why would you spend $180 at any dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The filter is the engine filter and you don't need to replace it until 30k. 15k is if you drive in extremely dirty environment. The filter is $15 online at amazon. As stated, its just 2 latches and pull out the filter, put in new one, clip the latches back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts