Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I believe the CT200 uses bladder type gas tanks, from my experience on the Prius when its cold, the bladder shrinks or stiffens and you will not be able to put as much gas and when its hot it will expand and more gas can be added.

Just understand your car, your gas mileage will drop when its cold and the bladder tank will not let you put in too much fuel. When you see the gas light turn on, you still have atleast 3 gallons of gas, that's atleast 120 miles to go, you should be pretty safe from running out of gas.
2hunny(Allen): I love the gas sippers & gas gulpers in your sig. Too funny! ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded my RX450H for a CT last week, and find I made a good choice regarding mileage, ease of parking, and fun driving. The only thing is with the RX I only had to visit the gas station once every 3 weeks. In one week I already had to fill it up. Granted I did have to test the performance a "little", and I still got 400 miles with 9 gallons. I guess the trade off is more visits to the station.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Long ago, when I was a boy, I was taught that it was good road-craft to always drive 'on the top of the tank'. Doing so minimised the risk of running out when the distance between petrol stations was longer than anticipated (still a possibility in rural Australia), and you avoided the possibility of reaching any water or sediment at the bottom of the tank. It might sound overly careful, but I've been driving fifty years and I've never run out of petrol.

·
Registered
516 Posts
when my light first comes on, I have about 30 miles distance to empty...after driving those 30 miles until it reads "0" left, I put in exactly 9 gallons...I usually have driven about 440-450 miles at this point...driving in ECO all the time except for sometimes when entering the on ramp of the highway in sport mode

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - my reserve light comes on at around 380 miles with the tank average showing 50mpg (UK gallons) but I tend to fill up at around 470 miles and ignore the reserve light. When I fill up I normally put in around 42 litres so I guess there is around 5 litres (1 gallon) left in the tank. It does bug me that it has such a small tank.
Car done around 2500 miles now and the with the warmer weather in the UK, it is getting more economical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loving it...........
--I am at 370 miles, 36 miles more to go per "cruising range", averaging about 45.2 Miles/Gallon.
--80 Miles is all highway out of my 85 miles daily commute.
--95% time eco, used power (5 times for 2-3 mins in last 1 week) only when I needed to zoom past a slow hybrid :)

My fill up after the lights came on was 8.86 Gallon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Loving it...........
--I am at 370 miles, 36 miles more to go per "cruising range", averaging about 45.2 Miles/Gallon.
--80 Miles is all highway out of my 85 miles daily commute.
--95% time eco, used power (5 times for 2-3 mins in last 1 week) only when I needed to zoom past a slow hybrid :)

My fill up after the lights came on was 8.86 Gallon.
Your commute is very close to mine. I have 100 miles commute with 95 miles freeway. Drive your car in ECO mode for 2 weeks, then try NORMAL mode for 2 weeks, and try SPORT mode. And I mean full time in each mode. I did this 3 or 4 months back and discovered that ECO mode and NORMAL mode gave me the exact same MPG. Sport Mode gave me slightly less MPG. But it was so much more fun to drive in Sport Mode so I decided to stay in Sport Mode full time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I fill up at the 500 mile mark. That leaves around 2 gallons left in the tank...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I normally fill up around the 420 mark.The last 4 tanks i have pushed the 500 mile mark with a max of 570

·
Registered
516 Posts
I loved it especially when gas was at $4/gallon for regular and knowing I use regular unleaded...watching all those big SUV's filling up at over $100/tankful...now that regular gas in my area is about $3.50/gallon, I'm still laughing...instead of $35/tankful I now only pay $31/tankful

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you getting your average close to 52 in SF area with all those change in gradients?
My driving ranges from Palo Alto to San Francisco during non-commute hours as I am retired. I can get better fuel economy but I am getting lazy about focussing on driving efficiently.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.