Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have just gotten thru my 3rd fillup in my CT200H. Each time the fuel gauge read about 1/8 full when I did the refill and the miles remaining was in the 40-60 mile range. Anyway driving on all 3 tanks was a combination of highway and city driving (20 miles to and from work dailey) and pleasure driving on the weekend for shopping and other errands. I will also say I did not drive with a lead foot when accelerating.

Tank 1: 398 Miles/8.99 Gal = 44.3 MPG Normal Mode Only
Tank 2: 395 Miles/9.12 Gal = 43.3 MPG Sport Mode Only
Tank 3: 376 Miles/8.81 Gal = 42.7 MPG Eco Mode Only

Started on my 4th tank and I plan on repeating this sequence once more.
That's some interesting data, ECO mode is worst than Normal and Sport mode. I know the ECO mode is highly dependent on the driver's driving methods and unless you feather the throttle, you are probably making the car work harder. I would like to know if you changed your driving style when on ECO mode? I would guess not, you seem to drive a whole lot and probably don't have the patience for that (I know I don't). Never the less, great info.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i'm getting a little irritated with the discrepancy in the fuel gauge and actual fuel left in the tank. i'm going to run my current tank to the gas light and compare that with the computer's data and actual amount of gas put in the tank on the fill up.
I believe the CT200 uses bladder type gas tanks, from my experience on the Prius when its cold, the bladder shrinks or stiffens and you will not be able to put as much gas and when its hot it will expand and more gas can be added.

Just understand your car, your gas mileage will drop when its cold and the bladder tank will not let you put in too much fuel. When you see the gas light turn on, you still have atleast 3 gallons of gas, that's atleast 120 miles to go, you should be pretty safe from running out of gas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.