Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order mine 5 weeks ago. I called the dealer up yesterday and they told me that they haven't heard anything back yet from Lexus. They told me that because they haven't heard anything yet that it could still take another 6-8 weeks. Seems like people on this forum are getting them quicker. How long have you been waiting?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered mine beginning of April. Delivery time stood at January 2012 for a while, but today I heard it might be October 2011. I'm in Europe.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I order mine 5 weeks ago. I called the dealer up yesterday and they told me that they haven't heard anything back yet from Lexus. They told me that because they haven't heard anything yet that it could still take another 6-8 weeks. Seems like people on this forum are getting them quicker. How long have you been waiting?
I was in the same situation...ordered one on March 15th with deposit...haven't even got a call from the dealer...I called a few times but they didn't seem to know anything...so, I shopped around and found one at another dealer in a different color I liked...if it has been 5 weeks and no news, they are probably right...you have a long wait ahead of you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in Canada. Ordered March 3rd, haven't heard a thing. I am suspecting I will hear they have a VIN some time in August :(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Where are you located? I'm in Mass., ordered mine April 13th (special order), premium package with premium sound but no navigation. I was told 3 months. I got a call 3 weeks ago telling me they received an update and that I would be in the car mid-June.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am in South Elgin, IL. It is a suburb of Chicago. Mine was a special order as well. The only option I didn't get was the active cruise control.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I ordered mine on April 2nd and received it today!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I started shopping in early April, and called dealerships within 200 miles or so of where I live to find the shortest wait list or if they had any that weren't sold. I wanted the premium with no options, and ended up compromising and getting the base, but got the color I wanted - picked it up on Thursday. Basically, I got really lucky to find a dealership with a short waiting list full of people who were willing to wait for the options they wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered one yesterday. They said it could take 8 months but they call the people on the list when one comes in close to what they ordered to see if they want it instead. I guess I'll be patiently waiting...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I ordered one yesterday. They said it could take 8 months but they call the people on the list when one comes in close to what they ordered to see if they want it instead. I guess I'll be patiently waiting...
8 months and you'll be looking at a 2012 probably. I called dealers within a 250 mile radius....got so sick of hearing they had waiting lists 15 to 20 people long that I expanded my search area...wound up calling a dealer last Sunday...you have to speak to the sales manager when you call because they know the inventory better than most salespeople do. Anyway, he told me he had a NAV black/ecru not spoken for coming in on the 25th of May...I gave a deposit...the next day, Monday, he called me to say the car was being unloaded at the dealership...of course, I am in Florida and the new car is coming from Massachusetts....but, no wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally don't mind waiting, but in the back of my mind I am thinking about all of the money I could be saving with the new car. I currently drive a 2010 Honda Pilot and am getting 18 MPG. I drive 80 miles a day for work. It costs me $80 every 4 days to fill up. That doesn't include the driving I do on the weekends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

I'm going to a dealer to test drive one today. Couple of questions:

1) How much are people paying for these cars? Are people paying close to Invoice?

2) If I order one (which I want to do) what is my expected wait time? (obviously Ill ask the dealer, but from reading here on the forum, i havent found a concrete answer)

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I order mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago. At the time they said it could take anywhere from 1 1/2 months to 8 months to get the car.

Red with Premium pkg seems to be a very popular combination, so I'm thinking that 8 months is more likely than 1 1/2 months. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I order mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago. At the time they said it could take anywhere from 1 1/2 months to 8 months to get the can.

Red with Premium pkg seems to be a very popular combination, so I'm thinking that 8 months is more likely than 1 1/2 months. :(
What options package did you get and at what price?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
stslimited84, from what I can tell and in my own experience, people are paying MSRP. Some are getting hit with extra dealer fees, and some are getting a little off sticker price, but with so much demand and so little inventory I can't remember hearing about big discounts. A few people have gotten $1000 off MSRP because they are previous Lexus owners.

As for the wait, it depends on how many people are in front of you in line, if you special order, and how flexible you are with regard to color and options. I keep hearing and reading that cars with NAV are particularly hard to come by.

good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was 17th in line when I secured my spot (with a $500 deposit) in late March.

The Dealer actually has my exact car package combination in stock, but it's their only one and they are using it as a demo and not selling it (yet).

As for where the list is now, he told me last week that he's seen two come in since I ordered mine and a few people drop off in front of me simply because they can't wait for a new car, so I guess I'm probably somewhere around 10-12th in line now.

But, with all that said, my dealer is taking down when people secure their spot what car package/color combo and options they want, and if one comes in with that exact setup, or close to it, then that person get's first looks...

Many people in front of me on the list only wanted a car with the NAV or Leather, and I'm not worried about NAV and NuLuxe works for me, so being high on the list does not always mean you'll be waiting forever... It's like playing the Lottery....

Last time I checked in with the dealer he was even talking about maybe letting me have the demo (it's got about 1500 miles on it now)... When I brought my last car it was a demo with 7k on the clock, so I'm not fussed if he does offer me that one (hopefully with some extra benefits/free services or stuff).

Regardless, the wait continues for me as I think the CT is the best car for my personal driving habits, so I'll hold on until I get one...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was 17th in line when I secured my spot (with a $500 deposit) in late March.

The Dealer actually has my exact car package combination in stock, but it's their only one and they are using it as a demo and not selling it (yet).

As for where the list is now, he told me last week that he's seen two come in since I ordered mine and a few people drop off in front of me simply because they can't wait for a new car, so I guess I'm probably somewhere around 10-12th in line now.

But, with all that said, my dealer is taking down when people secure their spot what car package/color combo and options they want, and if one comes in with that exact setup, or close to it, then that person get's first looks...

Many people in front of me on the list only wanted a car with the NAV or Leather, and I'm not worried about NAV and NuLuxe works for me, so being high on the list does not always mean you'll be waiting forever... It's like playing the Lottery....

Last time I checked in with the dealer he was even talking about maybe letting me have the demo (it's got about 1500 miles on it now)... When I brought my last car it was a demo with 7k on the clock, so I'm not fussed if he does offer me that one (hopefully with some extra benefits/free services or stuff).

Regardless, the wait continues for me as I think the CT is the best car for my personal driving habits, so I'll hold on until I get one...
Once I saw this car I looked into more and knew I wanted to get it. Typically hybrids have terrible looks, but this car is quite nice. My only dilemma is what to do with my mazda 3. Only 50k miles on it and in great condition. I dont think I want to trade it, but who needs two cars?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I order mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago. At the time they said it could take anywhere from 1 1/2 months to 8 months to get the can.

my dealer locally last Saturday offered me a red one...premium with caramel (I think...either that or a ecru color)...Prem Audio Non NAV...I didn't want the red one...not sure if he still has it...also, it's the same dealership group that charges a $699 dealer service fee (you can try to negotiate but the dealers know how hard the car is to come by so you don't have much leverage other than to say NO)....anyway, not sure where you are located but it is a dealer called Lexus of North Miami...spoke to the head manager at the dealership....his name is Wayne...you can try and see if he still has it...also, there was a dealer I spoke to in Massachusetts...not sure the city there but think it was in either Boston or Watertown...had 2 CT's in Red in stock last Sunday. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts