Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going away for graduate school and considering leaving my car at home until I'm done with school.
I will be gone for 6 months, back home for xmas and then gone again for maybe another 6-12 months.

Since it won't be charging how long can you leave it without driving until the battery goes bad? :confused:
Has anyone left their car without driving it for 6 months or more? Will the car still start?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've done this before and the battery only had 4 volts in it when tested. I had to re charge back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Toyota recommends that car should be started every 3 months to recharge hybrid battery. You're taking a risk if it sits six months..

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am going away for graduate school and considering leaving my car at home until I'm done with school.
I will be gone for 6 months, back home for xmas and then gone again for maybe another 6-12 months.

Since it won't be charging how long can you leave it without driving until the battery goes bad? :confused:
Has anyone left their car without driving it for 6 months or more? Will the car still start?
How about having someone start it for you at least once a month?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every cold start wears down your engine. For that reason, I'd not recommend it. Use a trickle charger and be done with it.
Yeah, you could say that. But allowing humidity to build in the engine and never burning it off for six months can't be good either. The happy medium would be to start it and drive it a good ten miles once a month. This would also prevent flat spots from appearing on the tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts