Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a CT200h. I test drove a 2011 model but looking at getting a 2012. How is the standard stereo and iPhone connectivity? When plugged in through USB, can you still operate playlists/songs manually on the phone? What about through Bluetooth?

Does the stock stereo display artist/track names?

Any general opinions on the sound? I'd rather not spend $3500 on upgraded stereo and navigation if I can help it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is your iphone jailbroken? If so you can download this app call 'no accessory attached' it will avoid that dreaded screen that disable your onscreen ipod control ... regardless you can still see the track names and go thru playlists on the HU

Dash speakers upgrade is definitely a must =)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Looking at purchasing a CT200h. I test drove a 2011 model but looking at getting a 2012. How is the standard stereo and iPhone connectivity? When plugged in through USB, can you still operate playlists/songs manually on the phone? What about through Bluetooth?

Does the stock stereo display artist/track names?

Any general opinions on the sound? I'd rather not spend $3500 on upgraded stereo and navigation if I can help it.
We have the regular radio, which we utilize 100% of the time listening to Sirius satellite radio. For general listening quality it is fine.

The iPhone Bluetooth connectivity works well for phone calls. My wife doesn't use the iPhone for music in the Ct so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the Mark Levinson/Nav version, and use an iPhone 3GS on iOS 4 (not upgraded to iOS 5 yet until they've sorted the bugs out).

Bluetooth connection to my CT is flawless, voice dialling works 99% of the time (one one occasion lost my voice tags but not since). Playing music from the iPhone via bluetooth is pretty basic - it's start/stop on a playlist with no track info, but also works 100% of the time. I have not connected my iPhone to the USB as a 16gb LaCie USB Moskeyto drive lives in my USB socket with about 200+ albums in it, I have another 10 gb on the hard drive for music and listen to a lot of Planet Rock (classic rock) on the radio.

The odd thing is I'd swear the Bluetooth connection to the iPhone was better quality than the USB drive. That's odd because the iPhone AAC tracks are only 128k and the USB tracks are 128k mp3s encoded with the LAME encoder, and some are 256k mp3s bought off Amazon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts