Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have looked around the forum and found various (usually bad) comments on driving behavior in snow conditions with the OEM tires but did not find answer to this question.

I am considering buying the CT200h but I am concerned with the behavior of this car in snow conditions. I live in Montreal (Canada) where cold weather and snow is common in winter.

Assuming good winter tires, I would be interested in any experience you might have had with this car in snow.

Also, since the traction control system cannot be deactivated, has anyone had issues getting out of deep snow parking spaces or on icy/snowy hills?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
After installing Blizzaks traction was excellent in snow. OEM tires are worthless in snow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also, since the traction control system cannot be deactivated,
Thanks!
Yes it can :) there are one or two threads about it. I tried it and it worked. (but not yet in the snow)
Here is the thread there are a few examples of how to do it, post #10 shows the correct one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'll give a bunch of input and let you draw your own conclusions.

for reference, i have a set of michelin xice-ii on it.

there was no material difference between it and my accord, also had snow tires.
the car has very low power; this may encourage acceleration that would induce wheel slip in a start scenario... corrected by driver
the car is very heavy for its size, braking in snow seemed to be comfortable as it could be
the car is fairly agile, which agan can induce the driver into making sharp turns when they shouldnt... corrected by driver.

so in the end, i was very happy with how it performed in snow. if i were you, i wouldn't have a hesitation if you plan to buy snow tires.

also of note, i drove to the tire shop in 10cm of snow ont he stock tires when i first bought the car... it wasn't the end of the world but did notice a profound difference with the snow tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedbacks.

Pagy: Can I also conclude that you never had issues getting out of a parking spot in deep snow?

58gemni: I saw this post but I would be reluctant to use this "hack" as it can damage some parts. This is why I want to make sure that the car behaves correctly without hacking ... and with good winter tires.

Is there anyone that experienced the car after an heavy snow storm (something like 8 inches/20 cm)?

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
no problem in a parking spot... the clearance in the front is a bit low but nothing extraordinary.

one thing i didnt mention, you cant disable traction control easily (or at all?) so if you get stuck somehow, you cant spin yourself out of it. again, not the end of the world but it limits your options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts