Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a CT and wanted to see how far people traveled for theirs. I flew from Chicago to San Diego and drove the 2,000 mile journey back to Chicago. The dealer wasn't discounting the car in Chicago and the savings in San Diego was substantial enough to do it. Plus I got to visit an old friend in San Diego and make a road trip back to Chicago.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I did get mine locally, but was slated to purchase in Las Vegas and drive back to Los Angeles if the deal fell through.

·
Registered
115 Posts
5 minutes away in NJ.

·
Registered
63 Posts
5 miles :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Although most of your responses have been the opposite, I am glad to hear that you made that trip. After four months on the waiting list and now seeing cars like the one I'm looking for in other regions of the country, I'm most likely going to do the same.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, you REALLY wanted the CT....like NOW! That's great. How much under MSRP were you able to get it for?

·
Registered
237 Posts
45 miles each way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
95 miles each way.

Waco, TX to Ft Worth, TX

·
Registered
516 Posts
I live in Fort Lauderdale and purchased over the phone in Danvers, Massachusetts...had them truck it down to me in Florida...but, that was in late May...when there were NO cars to be found and waiting lists were very LONG

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm also in South Florida. Went about 35 miles. They could get the exact car I wanted within a couple weeks. The dealer that was just 5 miles away couldn't even find the thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
About 75 miles each way. I think trips like the OP's and Bob's will become more of an exception now that Lexus is catching up with production.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
35 miles each way went to the Houston dealer that was the farthest from me, because they are the largest and got the right car in first :D

I thought about out of state, but I wanted a dealer that I could physically see and be in touch with. Also, liked the fact that Westside Lexus provides 2 years or 25,000 miles free maintenance :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I recently purchased a CT and wanted to see how far people traveled for theirs. I flew from Chicago to San Diego and drove the 2,000 mile journey back to Chicago. The dealer wasn't discounting the car in Chicago and the savings in San Diego was substantial enough to do it. Plus I got to visit an old friend in San Diego and make a road trip back to Chicago.
Nice! I love getting vehicles from far away and going on a nice road trip!

Only had to go 100 miles from San Francisco to find my perfect CT.

But I've bought a Triumph TT600 and a Lexus SC430 in Los Angeles. A CLK550 in Stockton. PT Cruiser from Sacramento. PT Cruiser from Seattle Washington. And a 2002 Corvette Z06 from Virginia and had it shipped over.

If the 'vette got 50mpg I might have driven that one back too! =]

·
Registered
71 Posts
475 miles from NC to a dealer in NJ I've dealt with in the past & was willing to make a deal on the car instead of chanting the MSRP mantra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
4.7 miles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Although production is up and inventories are getting better, some colors are just not making it everywhere. For example, I have talked to almost every dealer in my region and none of them have seen Fire Agate. After being on a waiting list for four months I decided that I wanted mine while the weather was still halfway decent so I took a leap and put my truck up for sale. It sold early this week and I was lucky to find a dealer in NJ that had two of them still available. I flew in this morning and drove mine 450 miles back to home in Cleveland. Although it was an exhausting experience I couldn't stop smiling all the way home and I got to learn a lot about the car in my first drive.

Atebit, seems like we had similar itineraries today. What dealer did you go to? I was at Warnock in Whippany.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm close to my dealer and only had to drive about 5 miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ray Catena in Oakhurst NJ. Back when I lived in NJ they consistently went the extra mile to always find just what I wanted & still offer the best deal to boot. The Lexus dealers in NC seem to have this "take it or leave it" attitude. So I left it. :)

Fire Agate seemed like a color that came up alot in NJ. Too bad things like leather don't appear to be part of the standard packages available in the Northeast region, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts