Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Lexus CT200h
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment where street parking is the only option.

and it's starting to pissing me off these car stealing motherfuckers are messing with people's car, and my car.

So November and December, there was streaks of car break-in in my neighborhood.

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Someone smashed my rear window to steal my gym bag last month. (Just one day, only day that I forgot to cover my hatchback)

Then today, I just noticed when I stopped by at my aunt's. My car door knob was broken.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

It's totally destroyed. Like someone used Plier to mess with or something (I don't think knife or screw driver can do those?)

How hard is to replace the door knob + lock cylinder? Will I have to take it to lock smith to set the cylinder to my existing key? I have plenty of experience working on the car, but never had to deal with keys, so let me know if anyone went through this.

Also do they just sell those covers part only? Trying to get these ASAP to cover the metal area before I fix the actual assembly.

Also I have dash cam (AKASO DL12 ), but I don't put it on 24 hour record, thinking it might damage battery or hybrid battery. (I used to live really sketchy area, and had 2007 Mustang GT, had to 24 hour it, then went through like 4 different batteries. Funny thing is my Mustang was never messed with)

Thinking to buy those low profile no display dashcam to record 24/7.

But will it actually damage the battery or any effect on hybrid system? Also Anyone have 24/7 Dash cam setting? Like External Back up battery? Show me if you do!

Anyway, everyone watch out for dirty car jackers!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment where street parking is the only option.

and it's starting to pissing me off these car stealing motherfuckers are messing with people's car, and my car.

So November and December, there was streaks of car break-in in my neighborhood.

View attachment 61093
Someone smashed my rear window to steal my gym bag last month. (Just one day, only day that I forgot to cover my hatchback)

Then today, I just noticed when I stopped by at my aunt's. My car door knob was broken.

View attachment 61095
It's totally destroyed. Like someone used Plier to mess with or something (I don't think knife or screw driver can do those?)

How hard is to replace the door knob + lock cylinder? Will I have to take it to lock smith to set the cylinder to my existing key? I have plenty of experience working on the car, but never had to deal with keys, so let me know if anyone went through this.

Also do they just sell those covers part only? Trying to get these ASAP to cover the metal area before I fix the actual assembly.

Also I have dash cam (AKASO DL12 ), but I don't put it on 24 hour record, thinking it might damage battery or hybrid battery. (I used to live really sketchy area, and had 2007 Mustang GT, had to 24 hour it, then went through like 4 different batteries. Funny thing is my Mustang was never messed with)

Thinking to buy those low profile no display dashcam to record 24/7.

But will it actually damage the battery or any effect on hybrid system? Also Anyone have 24/7 Dash cam setting? Like External Back up battery? Show me if you do!

Anyway, everyone watch out for dirty car jackers!
High voltage battery will not
Be drained by you camera.!!!
Unless you leave your car in ready mode.
If the camera will be connected permanently( or better, by secret switch)
To 12 v small battery.
12 hours will not drain your battery
In any case , you can buy battery
Booster and keep it in your car.
Just in case the small battery is drained.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.