Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just taking some notes.
i have a habit with my previous car of aggressively driving.

like when it turns green from red, i aggressively press the gas a bit more then normal, i like to be infront of the pack.

i think due to this my gas mileage hasn't been the best as it could be. been getting 39 mpg.

so anyone have different drive styles or a fun drive style?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think that driving with the pedal down the way you want and getting 39 mpg is awesome.

I tend to be more conservative as I've gotten a little older and been forced to realize that I'm a step slower than I used to be. I've found that I like having a little more time to react. But I find that as I'm becoming more adept at using EV, I stay in sport mode all the time and can get over 50 for stretches...even if, like you, closer to 40 overall.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Lol. I drive moderately aggressively. Been getting 38 to 40 here in sunny SoCal.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't take off aggressive anymore . In fact I take a count to 2 before going. We have a trend again of people blowing red lights here since the cameras are now off. My community also has a lot of seniors so you got to drive very defensively.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We don't drive aggressive and average 48.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting, i live in vegas, and people blow through red lights like they blow thier money on gambling, but i'm kind of aware of when people do it now, so i'm able to gun it on green lights...
but i've been tryin to keep it not overly aggressive and steady since i haven't gotten more then 2k miles on the odometer for the break in period. so after that i think i will be driving all sports mode.

·
Registered
63 Posts
haven't really been using sport mode at all. not needed. BUT, my other car is a Porsche :)

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drive fairly aggressively as I also, like to be in the front of the pack (more like I have a lead foot). 1200 miles later and I average 41+ mpg, 90% of my driving is freeway 75-80 mph.

I drive in normal mode 85%+ time, only use EV for the < qtr mile stretch from my neighborhood entrance to my garage as it deactivates at 25 mph and use sport mode getting on the freeway, passing, and of course for the really fun curves/turns.

I'm sure I'm just pointing out the obvious but for those that average less than 40 on your brand new cars, it's because it's new and the mpg display is an average, the more you drive the better that # should get

·
Registered
410 Posts
I drive mostly in RED now. My MPGs are basically just like Matt's! Yep! ;-) I drive like a little terror sometimes in my CT. he-he

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is my plan, i'm being less aggressive right now, since i'm still in the breaking in period. once i pass that 2k miles i think i will start driving more aggressively.

good to know the car will get better mpg once it's broken in.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My last car was modded a bunch w/ exhaust, engine, intake, suspension mods and was RWD (G35 sedan), so at times, I liked to enjoy the potential of the car and I'll admit, I've done some stupid things in that car! :) Now that I have the CT, it has COMPLETELY changed my driving habits. Because flooring the car isn't going to punch me into the back of the seat or let out a great exhaust note, I just really don't see the point in driving like that at times. Kind of glad I have the CT now, it has made me a safer driver and will save me about $2k in gas each year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts