Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legal limit here is 25%. Guy at the shop said they can do as dark as you want, but most people get 15%. Should I try 15%, or is that going to look way too dark and be difficult to see out of at night? Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Legal limit here is 25%. Guy at the shop said they can do as dark as you want, but most people get 15%. Should I try 15%, or is that going to look way too dark and be difficult to see out of at night? Thanks.
I'd suggest 25%. I have 35% (legal limit in OR) and I'm happy with it. 25% should be perfect, no need to go lower and risk tickets.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had mine done the rear is 15% no limit in CA for anything behind the driver. The driver and passenger windows are LLumar Air Blue 80 tint. Makes a big difference on the heat rejection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We recently got our Starfire Pearl White CT tinted with the darkest allowed by law here in NC. LOVE IT! Much cooler - run the AC on a lot lower setting and it looks like a mini limosine! LOL

·
Registered
609 Posts
15% was fine with me. I tinted my wife's car back windows 5% (limo tint) and that is too dark for me. It was good at day time but at night it was really really dark. You really cannot see anything except for headlights. If someone forgot to turn on the headlight.. you won't see them coming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone had light tint like 40~60% all around on their CTs?

I've seen some cool pictures with 15~25% on CTs,
but I like to go with light tint usually, just to add little more reflections. :cool:

If anyone has pictures of CTs with light tints, can you please upload some pics?
Thank you! :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have 40% tint all the way around...used 3M Crystalline...very expensive but works great at rejecting heat and looks great...not too dark at all...in fact, it appears to look like a factory smoked tint rather than the black colored tint people get and later hate because you have to roll your windows down at night to see out. It kind of gives a bronzish color when looking out from inside the car (because of the factory light bronze colored tint) I also got the 3M Crystalline 70% (looks like clear or "no" tint at all) for my entire windshield...rejects heat while appearing totally invisible...Love it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts