Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good idea to get rid off the new car smell???

the Car perfume doesnt work at all!!

I feel sick smelling it!!! My frd suggested me to put the lemon inside the car. does that help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to Mc Donald’s (Or the fast food restaurant of your preference) Order via Drive through and drop a couple of fries inside the car: D

Are you kidding? I love the smell of my car :)

The smell is by the chemicals escaping from the car plastics, electronics, etc... Let the the windows open for some time to let the chemicals dry, as far as I know nothing will cover it.

Regards

Diego

·
Registered
371 Posts

I feel sick smelling it!!! My frd suggested me to put the lemon inside the car. does that help?
How could anyone NOT like that $2,500 new car smell? That's why I buy only new cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know what you are going through. I had a new Buick that once gave me headaches due to unusual odor from the cloth interior as it was gassing off.

Fortunately my new CT new car smell does not bother me, possibly because it has Leather interior upgrade. The nulux interiors seemed to have unpleasant odors when i test drove them.

With my Buick I parked it with the windows open whenever possible to allow the car to air out. If I remember correctly, it took almost a year before I would not get headaches in the Buick.

With the CT I suggest you deselect recirculating air. When in ECO. Mode recirculated air is automatically selected to reduce energy consumption.

GOOD LUCK. SOME MAY NOT UNDERSTAND BUT IT CAN BE A BIG PROBLEM....

·
Registered
842 Posts
My dog used to get car sick. He got over it, but I bet you must have a friend that has a pooch with a weak stomach. You will never smell that "new car smell" again!

I also had a buick that gave me a headache every time I tried to drive it. It took until I traded it in before that one went away.

Seriously, I know that some people are very sensitive to the outgassing from car interiors. See if having it detailed might help. If it has the nuluxe interior try any interior stuff like Meguiars or better yet, Ice, which is made by Turtle Wax. It doesn't clean as well as others, (IMO) but it has a nice, fresh smell that might mask the Nuluxe smell.

On the other hand, I doubt that masking will help if you are sensitive to whatever is coming out of the interior. Try leaving the windows open, especially in the hot sun, as suggested by others.

·
Registered
324 Posts

See if this helps. Keep the air circulation from outside and make sure the button to use the inside cabin filter is on.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Go to a Korean supermarket and see if they sell box of charcoal wood logs. They are used for getting rid of kimchi and other strong smell. Regular charcoal might work too if you couldn't find the Korean one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
whaaaaatt!?! I wish I still had the new car smell! Febreze auto willl take care of it. Spray enough to soak into the floor matts and close all your doors and windows. A good new-car smell killer is vietnamese fish sauce. leave that in a container in your car over night and it's all game over! (i kid, i kid, but it did actually happen to me by accident before). Just drive with the windows down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts