Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....and gals. Having owned several old British sports cars with the fake leather seats I am wondering how bad these Nuluxe seats make your back and thighs sweat? Not from the seats getting hot in the sun but from just sitting on something that won't breath. I like leather but it seems like the forum posters have a lot of concerns about CT200 leather quality and durability.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Wasn't a problem here last summer and we had some pretty warm days !!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Great question. I was a bit worried about that too, but I actually think they breathe better than leather. (maybe because the Nuluxe is a thinner material)?

·
Registered
842 Posts
In sunny south Florida I was expecting the worst with the dark blue Nuluxe interior. Hasn't been a problem yet. When the sun is scorching in June, I don't think anything but A/C seats would help and those are not available on the CT200. Feels about like cloth for the most part but cleans a lot easier. My dog loves them. Hates the nice leather in my wife's Lexus and will only ride after being ordered to do so, but the Nuluxe seems to be softer so he doesn't slide around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe, I have two small dogs and I am sure they will appreciate not sliding around like they do in my Solara.I think you guys may have just save me over a thousand dollars.:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Read the forum, you'll find several posts complaining about this.

There are nuluxe lovers and leather lovers. I have zero issues with the leather.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have both Mini and BMW versions of fake leather, and both had no problem in So Cal summers. The nuluxe does feel a little more "stickier" but I think it would be okay. All my cars got tinted windows so that helped a lot on heat reflection.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks Joe, I have two small dogs and I am sure they will appreciate not sliding around like they do in my Solara.I think you guys may have just save me over a thousand dollars.:D
I think your small dogs would do better with the nuluxe. The leather is perforated. I guess the sweaty factor depends on you not the car. I love the leather. The quality is fine as cars go. The nuluxe comes in better colors. Decisions, decisions....

Either way, the car interior looks nice. I wish the leather had come in the nuluxe colors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Atlanta, GA. No problem with the Nulux ecru interior last summer. First car I have had without leather and I love it! Now, what British sports cars are you talking about? I've had MG's, Truiumphs, Jaguars. . .never had one without leather :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey jm adams,

I've had three 1973 MGBs, all mallard green, a 1974 TR6 bright yellow, and a 1961 TR3 white. Never left town without a tool kit and spare electrical parts! I actually flew from Charleston WV to Charlotte NC to pick up my second 73 B. Got on the plane carrying an overnite bag full of tools and electrical parts. Pre 9-11. Can you imagine TSA? They would have shot me on the spot after doing a body cavity search!!! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had the problem here in LA. Even with the AC on, it gets sweaty. I would have much rather had air cooled seats, than heated ones. Really, I wish we had a cloth option in the USA. My 2006 Prius, though the seats are not as comfy or supportive as the CT, at least being fabric, I don't sweat when I drive it. I'm not a fan of vinyl, or leather, but there was no other choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed Hybridsport, I had the seats in my TR6 recovered with cloth and it made a world of difference. Don't understand the Lexus thinking on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have black leather in my car and even after sitting in the sunny parking lot I haven't had trouble...and by nature I am fairly sweaty.

I got a loaner ES350 for a week or so and having the cooled seats DID really spoil me. Would have gladly ticked that option box if I had the chance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ditto ... no "sweaty" problems with our black leather seats. Agree, the cooled seats though do make a big difference. Wish that was an option for the CT. Have them in our IS and they are nice on those hot Summer days!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have caramel nuluxe seats in my white CT and perspiration has been a huge problem. I've never had a problem with excessive perspiration in my Accord or IS 250 black on black leather seats. While I love my CT for so many other reasons, the nuluxe seats in my car do not breathe well. I definitely sweat less than your average gorilla, but I have gotten really sweaty black/thighs from driving in shorts and a t-shirt in Southern California weather.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm a guy and i wear a lot of tank tops. i sweat a fair amount in this car haha. i keept it clean by using Mother's VLR interior cleaner. Then again, i usually sweat a fair amount when i'm warm. Hard to say of its me or the seats...

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's driving me nuts - I sweat right through a shirt, even on a <80 degree day. No problem with my legs being warm, but I wish the Nulux seats were at least perforated. Does anyone know of any aftermarket solutions? I don't want to put on cabbie-style beaded seat covers, but some days it doesn't seem like the worst option.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts