Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm contemplating on buying a CT200H or Prius for the great gas mileage and good-for-enviro reasons.
The only issue I have is that it can't kick when I want to specially when I want to make a quick lane change and speed up to get out of the way of other cars.

I'm not a car expert so I'm looking for ideas on how to increase the hp and torque. Does anyone know how to do that for the CT200H?

Thanks in Advance,
Ron aka RSP

the road warrior
witn my car seat head support
car seat headrest
neck support
best pillow for neck pain
neck support pillow

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is basically not possible to gain HP and torque on these cars. Anything you do to increase engine output will be dialed back by the ECU that controls the transmission. It has torque limits that it won't want to exceed. You would have to make mods deep in the code and maps and I haven't heard of anyone doing that successfully.
If you need a quicker car, look for something else. Maybe a GS450h or a Camry hybrid?

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is not a performance car, therefore, you're not going to get that 'kick' you're after.
As AspenCdn mentioned already, you can't do much of anything to gain any performance either.

If it's that much of an issue to you, I'd also suggest looking at another car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I only have two other alternatives. One is Tesla which I hear is very powerful for an all electric car but way too pricey or a diesel car - hopefully clean diesel and not the infamous Audi or VW TDIs. I test drove the Audi A3 TDI and I hear it's great on gas, has powerful tourque but what a shame it's a polluting car afterall with that defeat device cheating scandal.

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you haven't test driven the CT yet, go do that before you write it off. I find it's plenty quick enough for me and I have one spot where I have to take off from a dead stop to merge with traffic on my daily drive. It's not a race car but if you put it in sport mode it's pretty responsive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 400 hp WRX, a 800 hp drag car, and came from a 06 Prius with 110 hp.
I never had any issues with the Prius', nor the CTs power.

Personally I'd stay away from any of the diesels.
Especially with what's going on right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Or you can move down to NJ where regular gas is 1.80 a Gallon (0.47/L). LOL
Jokes!

I think the car itself feels like you need more push sometimes but overall, it does what it does.
Great gas mileage and get you from Point A to B in a timely manner.

Sometimes ricer will try to get next you and race since it's such a sexy looking car without even realizing it's a Hybrid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts