Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove a prototype in November and took a much longer test drive before I ordered one in March. I did forget to test one thing. Does the CT have a PAIR of Lexus quality horns or did they save money and only put in one horn?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone tried their horn?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure where it/they are, but the honk is nothing to be embarassed by. Won't need it much in Hawaii - honking is frowned upon in Hawaii.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. The horn is pretty quiet. Either that, or the cabin is well insulated from the horn. I haven't tried it with the windows down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn! Good question, that's also something I forgot on my test drive...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I have my CT I can answer my own question.

The CT has a pair of very loud Lexus quality horns. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, so after a month and 5 days of owning it, I tried the horn today and, letmetellya, it sounds "adult," unlike the weenie horn on my un-dearly departed 2008 Prius! Then I drove over to a chi-chi lunch today in our research park (if you live in SunnySoCal, I recommend Specialties (Specialty's Caf & Bakery) and this location being SoCal, there were many new and late model Prii's owned by scholars and scientists in the lot, and me, smug in my CT, thought "SUCKERS," i have a REAL DASHBOARD AND HORN & 42 MPG! So there!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah. The horn is pretty quiet. Either that, or the cabin is well insulated from the horn. I haven't tried it with the windows down.
Like you I wasn't convince how loud the horn sounded while inside the car or even with windows partially down. So this morning in our parking garage I lock my car and tried the panic button on the remote. Dang...it was LOUD!:eek:

Suffice to say, no need to upgrade the OEM horn on this baby.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, I mostly drive with the windows up and didn't think much of the horn until, one day with the drivers window down, I hit it. "Now that's a horn!!" I thought. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts