Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hitting the "P" button while driving??

What would happen when the vehicle is in motion in city/hwy and when someone pushes the P button? Does the button only work when the vehicle is completely stopped?

·
Registered
193 Posts
correct. the vehicle must be stopped.

if you selected the P button while the vehicle is in motion, a "reject" buzzer will sound and the vehicle will be placed into neutral.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The car goes into neutral, flashes yellow and make some warning noise. Easy to just engage drive mode and continue driving.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I HAVE DONE THIS TWICE :eek: THE VEHICLE WILL ACT AS IF THE POWER WAS SHUT OFF YOU MUST PUSH POWER BUTTON ONCE THEN APPLY BRAKE AND PUSH AGAIN (NORMALL START PROCEDURE ) TO POWER BACK UP

·
Registered
131 Posts
I HAVE DONE THIS TWICE :eek: THE VEHICLE WILL ACT AS IF THE POWER WAS SHUT OFF YOU MUST PUSH POWER BUTTON ONCE THEN APPLY BRAKE AND PUSH AGAIN (NORMALL START PROCEDURE ) TO POWER BACK UP
Uhm, no.. you just shift to drive and continue driving.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just discovered today that after coming to a stop hitting the power button will put the car into park. But hitting the park button while stopped does not turn off the power. Haven't tried it while driving, but on most automatics putting the car into park while driving is a bad idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
NO! it happened to me once, and it DID NOT shut off my car.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I was stupid and did push the P button while moving 2-5 MPH. Needless to say, it did stop the car and put it into park. Yikes. What a jolt that was.

On other occasions, I pushed it while ~20 MPH. It puts the car into neutral and buzzes at you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was stupid and did push the P button while moving 2-5 MPH. Needless to say, it did stop the car and put it into park. Yikes. What a jolt that was.

On other occasions, I pushed it while ~20 MPH. It puts the car into neutral and buzzes at you.
I wonder if it states anywhere in the manual at what speed it will go to park and what speed it will go into neutral.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, how do we do an e-brake turn or drift this sucker?
The P button is not the ebrake/handbrake... that is the parking gear

the ebrake is the footbrake... i dont think you can drift this lexus with the ebrake unless you step on the ebrake and step again to release right after

1 - 11 of 11 Posts