Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes, I am getting over the fact that we will live with a repaired vehicle. A deer ran in to our new CT (877 miles on it) took out right fender and passenger door. Thought I could not live with it, but a 12K loss on a trade in for another new one..too much to take.
When you think things are bad, someone else has it worse....

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
If the bumper is badly damaged, you'll have to replace the whole thing. Sometimes, It's just better to replace the whole thing, depending on how much it costs. I don't know if I could live with a cracked bumper that was repaired.

·
Registered
180 Posts
No, insurance usually doesn't cover this kind of incident. Even if it did, it's not worth the points/rate increase; better off taking care of it on your own.

I had a '91 Supra that had to have the front bumper cover replaced on several occasions during the 12 years that I owned it (VERY low clearance on the front end!) But that's it; only the cover needs to be replaced. Having said this, however, the new paint has to have a "flexing" agent added to it and it is NEVER as tough as it was originally! Just make sure that you choose a shop that you know does quality work. This at least limits the problems that you may encounter after the work is done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it sucks. In the daylight it wasn't so bad. Got an estimate anyways and it was about 1200 for the bumper paint labor etc.

Deductible is 1k. I took some elbow grease and some buffing compound to it and all you can see is the crack which is not that bad. Tough plastic. Doesn't look that bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
uh, will cost $5700+ for new headlight,right fender and passenger door, deer bounced off those areas on our one week old CT.

Cry me a river about your scratches.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uh, will cost $5700+ for new headlight,right fender and passenger door, deer bounced off those areas on our one week old CT.

Cry me a river about your scratches.....
I'm not making light of your accident. Just saying mine is minor. I hope you got your insurance to kick in and fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts