Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Commuting for me is mostly highway with a couple short stints on some roads with traffic lights. For other people who do a lot of highway mileage, what do you find to be your usual range on a full tank of gas?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm about 70% highway for my commute, the rest are main roads with high speed limited, usually 50-55 mph. I get a consistent 450 miles out of my tanks. The CT gets better city mileage than highway so I find my mpg goes up when I run into highway traffic as low speeds/ stop and go maximize the use of EV mode.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
90% freeway, around 60-70mph speeds and around a 90 mile round trip daily commute. I get gas only once a week and get around 400 - 450 miles per tank (my maximum was 495 miles). Like my95tsi, traffic improves my mpg. I try to stay between 60 and 65 mph in the slow lane but that is not always possible, so the pockets of congestion makes up for it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't usually drive on the highway, but recently I drove to Boston and back, which is about 340 miles, and I had just filled up. My CT computer says I averaged 50.5mpg, using cruise set for 69mph. 50.5mpg means in reality I averaged 47.5mpg. Of course, I pumped my tires up before going, 40/38. By the time I filled up, I had driven 499 miles and fuelly says I got 45.6mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My daily commute is 50 miles round trip along i95 with minimal traffic. Once I hit the cruise on the highway, I won't need to turn it off until I hit my exit. The posted speed limit is 65mph, and I try to stay between there and 69mph. As they say, SPEED KILLS...mileage. Every 2-3 mph over 60 and the mpg starts decreasing. Id say between 55-60mph you get the best highway mpg (47-48mpg). Over 70mph and you'll be right in the 38-40mpg range.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can't get anything close to you guys, my commute from Austin to Houston has a speed limit of 75 for most of the way and certain roads is 80....so going 70 is definitely bottle-necking traffic.

If I don't set it to cruise, I can get about "40 mpg" on the computer which is actually 38mpg....but if I drive a constant 70, I can get slightly higher.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't get anything close to you guys, my commute from Austin to Houston has a speed limit of 75 for most of the way and certain roads is 80....so going 70 is definitely bottle-necking traffic.

If I don't set it to cruise, I can get about "40 mpg" on the computer which is actually 38mpg....but if I drive a constant 70, I can get slightly higher.
So how many miles between fill ups?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

You can see this is the actual MPG calculation(s), the read on the dash is usually 2mpg+ sometimes as much as 3mpg.

our tanks are 11.9 gals so you can pretty much see what I got.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I will say that some days I was frustrated with driving below 70 mph

You can see this is the actual MPG calculation(s), the read on the dash is usually 2mpg+ sometimes as much as 3mpg.

our tanks are 11.9 gals so you can pretty much see what I got.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
About 511

1 - 10 of 10 Posts