Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Great that's awesome but the OP is referring to the electric motor sound. Don't you think we would have figured it out by now after how long this thread has been open? I have a 2011 and my car makes this sound and no it does not have the audible warning. Heck even my TV makes this sound I just depends on how sensitive your hearing is. Why can't people just read a thread to its entirety before chiming in 2 years later to think they have a magical answer no one though of? That's right....2 years this thread has been open. Since October 2011!

The audible hybrid warning was mentioned already in the 3rd post so clearly it would not have taken you that long to read 3 posts down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
The answer to the mysteries whining sound. I just bought my 2016 F sport with 83000 miles and I heard it. I first thought it was wheel bearings then I thought the inverter. drove me crazy. thought I had bought a lemon. So I took it to the Lexus dealer and told them my story. they road test the car and came back and said it was STEERING SHAFT BOOT WAS LOSE AND NOT SEALING, AND THE NOISE WAS WAS BEING HEARD THROUGH THE BOOT OPENING. THEY REPOSITION THE STEERING SHAFT BOOT.
And now the nose is gone. yes, it was only heard at first after I hit 40 mph up to 80mph and got louder when I let off the gas yes it sounded like it was an electrical noise. so glad it's
gone I think I have read everything on the internet about this noise. But it's gone now so I want to share back good luck now on to the 18'' tires and a turbo for the engine lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts