Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
My sister just bought a brand new Prius fully loaded. I drove the thing for an hour long drive from Kenosha to Chicago and can tell you that's it's more similar than different from the CT. It's basically the same car in a different body. It makes that exact same noises at the same frequencies.

This thread does crack me up though. I've owned my CT for the last year and a half and have heard this sound every day i've owned it. Did it bother me or make me think twice? No, not once. Why you ask? Because I know how a hybrid car works and a noise like this from the electrical system is normal. That'd be like complaining because my engine has an exhaust sound. To each there own but some people are either to ignorant to know engineering or just waaayyy to picky. That's my .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
990 Posts
it's the vehicle pedestrian warning system. it's a synthesized noise at low speeds or when you are in ev mode. you can disable it if you want, it'll just take some elbow grease. many prius owners mentioned it's located behind the front bumper on the drivers side, dont know where it is for the ct since i have a 2011. fyi, toyota and lexus implemented it on all hybrid models 2012 and above. i think eventually all hybrids/electric vehicles will have the warning system since it's the law now :-\
Haha nice try! That's only on 2013's and later due to government mandate. We're also referring to the noise the electric motor makes when running. We are talking about 2 entirely different things.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Great that's awesome but the OP is referring to the electric motor sound. Don't you think we would have figured it out by now after how long this thread has been open? I have a 2011 and my car makes this sound and no it does not have the audible warning. Heck even my TV makes this sound I just depends on how sensitive your hearing is. Why can't people just read a thread to its entirety before chiming in 2 years later to think they have a magical answer no one though of? That's right....2 years this thread has been open. Since October 2011!

The audible hybrid warning was mentioned already in the 3rd post so clearly it would not have taken you that long to read 3 posts down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts