Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a thread about the hidden features on the CT! I will get the ball rolling with some of the things I have discovered / found through the forum:

• There is a space for the large owners manual in the storage compartment under the floor in the back.
  • The rear view mirrors are heated.
  • There are a few settings that must be changed at the dealer (cannot be done through the dash display) such as opening the windows with the remote, closing them with the remote, not opening the sunroof when the windows are opened with the remote.
  • There is a TPMS reset button under the steering column.
  • In drive and normal mode (where you can see the power gauge rather than tach) the car will start the engine once it reaches half way up "eco;" however, when EV mode is selected, you can press the accelerator until it reaches the bottom of "power" before the engine will turn on. The engine will still turn on at around 25 mpg though.
  • Cool hidden storage: rear seats, under the little zippers by the seat belt plugs.
  • Rear window sprayer.
  • If the battery ever dies on your remote simply pull out the key to open the door and hold the key fob right up to the power button.
  • The rear headrests fold down by pushing in a small tab on the base of the headrest and pulling them up.
  • Hold down the "mode" button on the steering wheel for a few seconds to turn the radio off.
  • There are a few spare fuses contained within the fuse box under the hood... and there is a second fuse box located under the steering column.
Now let's hear what you found!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a CT and I am in the U.S. ... premium package... but no leather or anything else. I also have the windshield wiper heater button. My car does not have the heated mirror emblems on the mirrors or the rear window defoger button; however, when the rear window defoger is on, the mirrors also defog. You can verify this by turning on your rear window defogger and feeling the rear view mirrors after a few minutes... they will be hot.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have a CT and I am in the U.S. ... premium package... but no leather or anything else. I also have the windshield wiper heater button. My car does not have the heated mirror emblems on the mirrors or the rear window defoger button; however, when the rear window defoger is on, the mirrors also defog. You can verify this by turning on your rear window defogger and feeling the rear view mirrors after a few minutes... they will be hot.
Good to know!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not really a feature, but one could be that you don't jump a dead aux battery in the back where the battery is. You jump by connecting to a small positive terminal at the back of the fuse box under the hood. Negative can go on the engine block upper left side. There might be a ground closer to the fuse box that would work better though. You have to have a pretty long separation of the jumper cables to reach so far apart.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really a feature, but one could be that you don't jump a dead aux battery in the back where the battery is. You jump by connecting to a small positive terminal at the back of the fuse box under the hood. Negative can go on the engine block upper left side. There might be a ground closer to the fuse box that would work better though. You have to have a pretty long separation of the jumper cables to reach so far apart.
Good To know!

Two more things to the list:

- There is a manual release for the fuel door... on the left side of the cargo area, close to where the door shuts, there is a small round panel that can be popped off and there is a lever inside.

- Underneath the front passenger seat, when it is moved all the way back, there is a panel that can be removed to expose the "frame number" or vin number.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a small area on the floor to the left of the driver's seat that is perfect to store a small umbrella.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can change the settings with the mode button on the steering wheel to show RPM's in Eco mode.
And has anyone used the "B" setting on the shifter. I go to the NC mountains Bout once a month. Wile going down steep grades, you can engage the B, and whatever speed you accelerate to then let off the gas, the B feature will hold the car to that speed rather than speed up on the downhill. It uses engine braking which may not be the best for the fuel mileage, but still a fun feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can change the settings with the mode button on the steering wheel to show RPM's in Eco mode.
And has anyone used the "B" setting on the shifter. I go to the NC mountains Bout once a month. Wile going down steep grades, you can engage the B, and whatever speed you accelerate to then let off the gas, the B feature will hold the car to that speed rather than speed up on the downhill. It uses engine braking which may not be the best for the fuel mileage, but still a fun feature.
How do you change the setting to show RPM's in Eco mode? That's a good one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you're stopped on a hill and you don't want the car to roll back you can push the brake pedal all the way to the floor and the 'Hill-start assist' kicks in. A buzzer will sound and the dash indicator comes on.

Reactions: Lexluther

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you're at a stoplight and you push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor the car will seem to do nothing. However if you count slowly to 10 and look at the speedometer it should read 60. It's not an illusion as most would expect it to say 80 or 100 but it only says 60. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you're at a stoplight and you push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor the car will seem to do nothing. However if you count slowly to 10 and look at the speedometer it should read 60. It's not an illusion as most would expect it to say 80 or 100 but it only says 60. ;)
Yah, yah, our cars aren't that fast to 60! One important note here, remove foot from brake before pushing the accelerator.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Help my side is hurting from laughing so loud ... GOOD ONE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts