Lexus CT200h Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The headlight harness (I assume you're using the driver side as it's closest to the fuse box) just provide power to the relay which then allow direct power from the 12V battery to the ballast. So the stock headlight harness should not be a concern.

Another note, what is the Amp rating on the relay you have installed? The one i'm using is 40A.
I should check. It is whatever came in it when I bought it. So far the fuse has not gone out.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
absolutely right!!! :D

anyone try to install capacitor ???
Yes, I installed the relay harness and capacatiors and i am still getting occasional misfires on 55W DDM/ My Kensun replacements are supposed to arrive today.

The capacitors were easy to install, splice, solder heat shrink tubing and electrical tape. About $12 total.

Also, found out last night after driving through heavy rain through standing water got water in left fog lens and blew the bulb.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
This is very interesting. I don't have the kit, but I will chime in with some thoughts. Has anyone, especially with the premium audio, tried firing up their car without the audio system on? Perhaps people are on to something re: amp draw at startup and there may be a relationship between that and available features that came with the car.
Matt_RN,

I put in a relay harness to connect directly too the battery and turned everything off and still the misfire ocassionally happens with DDM HIDs. I will be installed Kensun taoday or tomorrow.

MidCow3

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you guys find that the beam cut off is a bit strange? I have had many cars that came with HID but when I installed mine, I found that the beam is a little high on the far sides. It is level down the middle. I do like how it has a prominent prism effect on the projector. It changes from white to blue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I have been looking into installing HID's and I have narrowed it down to either Philips 35W 4200K H11 or Philips 35W 4300K H11. The only problem now seems to be about where I can buy Genuine Philips HID Kits.

Any suggestions?

I would like to also swap out my H9 High Beam Bulbs with PIAA's but the only H9's I can find seems to be 65W's. Would this burn out my High Beam Sockets? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I have changed my mind about Philips and decided to go with Xtreme HID's 35W Digital Slim Ballast 4300K with Relay Harnesses for both my low beams and fog lights. About half the price of Philips and has great reviews.

I still have not decided on what to do with my high beams. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my Kensun 4300k hid lights installed today. Thanks to the advice of some people on here it was a very painless 20 minute install. Unbolting the coolant overflow tank made the passenger side easier than the driver side. They look amazing, I'm glad I didn't go with a higher color temp.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my Kensun 4300k hid lights installed today. Thanks to the advice of some people on here it was a very painless 20 minute install. Unbolting the coolant overflow tank made the passenger side easier than the driver side. They look amazing, I'm glad I didn't go with a higher color temp.

I am interested in HID, do you have to drilling process on back cover or anything?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I have changed my mind about Philips and decided to go with Xtreme HID's 35W Digital Slim Ballast 4300K with Relay Harnesses for both my low beams and fog lights. About half the price of Philips and has great reviews.

I still have not decided on what to do with my high beams. Any suggestions?
How's the Xtreme HID Philips? did you get it from KBcarstuff? How's installation? Xtreme HID 4300k Philips Xenon HID Conversion Kits

·
Registered
62 Posts
I didn't have to do any drilling. Screw driver to pop out plastic retaining clips and socket wrench for the coolant overflow tank. Didn't have to disconnect any hoses just moved it out of the way. Used Velcro to secure the slim ballasts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went ahead and purchased a 35w kit from ddm tuning, 5000k temp. my hid low beams look nice and white/bright now! install was a breeze, about 10 mins per side. every thing was plug&play!

101 - 115 of 115 Posts