Lexus CT200h Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, that's a big price difference for you!

I finally contacted DDM Tuning (after waiting on hold for a while) and asked them for a warranty claim request, my drivers side ballast won't fire up the bulb all the time and it's getting annoying. And at times it's embarassing that I'm driving around in such a nice car that's only 2 months old and at times, only 1 light works.... :mad:

Sucky part is they won't send me a new one until I send back the old one!? WTF!
one of the reason i pay more to get philips HID kits.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i use 3M double side tape to stick the ballast on the red circle area

that's a lot of works, can we just install w/o remove the bumper??

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm sure you can install without removing the bumper, but it looks like there's more space to mount the ballast securely underneath the bumper rather than in the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Woah, full bumper removal for that install!? That's nuts, I wonder why he went that way, that seems like a ton of work and would hate to go thru that again if needing to replace a ballast. Maybe he went HID for the foglights too and maybe that's why?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes installing without removing the bumper is simple. Took me 25 minutes to install both HID's.
Do u have pix of ballast w/o removing the bumper?? Cuz my philips will be here sometime this week...thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jimmy, are you still having issues? Has anyone else been experiencing any problems?

·
Registered
23 Posts
there must be a reason why i removed the bumper to "hide" the ballast. In here Malaysia, modify the headlamp from halogen to HID is illegal. Once the police cannot find the ballast, normally they will believe it is original.

·
Registered
152 Posts
there must be a reason why i removed the bumper to "hide" the ballast. In here Malaysia, modify the headlamp from halogen to HID is illegal. Once the police cannot find the ballast, normally they will believe it is original.
Besides that, it does keep the engine bay clean looking.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Woah, so what do they do, pull you over and ask you to pop your hood so they can take a look? That sounds crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Jimmy, are you still having issues? Has anyone else been experiencing any problems?
I swapped the 2 ballasts (put the drivers side into the passengers side and visa versa), to try to pinpoint if it's the ballast I'm having issues with or the bulb as recommended by audi4t. What do you know...ever since I did that swap, the 3 times I tried my lights at different occasions, they fired right up right away! Not one issue yet...maybe one of the connections wasn't that great during my original install? Not sure how that can be though given the connection types that are used on the wiring? I'll let you know if that changes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
And you've observed how the lights behave when left in the "auto" mode? Seems like that's when they're more likely to not fire up for whatever reason. I was thinking that Audi4t was experiencing this due to the fact that he has a 55W kit (would that require more of a draw to fire things up?) but I'm not sure if that's the case.

edit: I read that you don't use the auto feature, so nevermind my question.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Successfully installed today.

Day Snap:

Night Snap:

DDM Tuning 35W 4500K HID Kit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,
I just recieved my H11 HID kit and I'm reading the manual and it mentioned I need to "drill a hole on the plastic cover at the back of the headlamp reflector to allow the cables to pass through the headlighting unit. Then fit the rubber gromment attached to the wires from the bulb in the hole to prevent water from getting in"

I have two question which need help to answer:
1. Is this the right H11 base bulb I should be using for the CT?
It looks something like this: http://www.hidconcept.com/N.Ebay/PH_4K_bulb/PH_4K_bulb_8.jpg

2. Did you guys also have to do anything drilling work to install it?

Note: I have install two set of HID before, but it was on a H4 base car. The installation for that is different than H11.
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No drilling required ignore that instruction.

·
Registered
146 Posts
FOG LIGHT QUESTION:

Do you guys drive at night with the fog lights ON every night? or only when there is rain, fog, dust or snow?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
thomasnsx - You're lucky, yours at least came with instructions!

LxTxNx - I only use mine with heavy rain and fog, and likely will use in the snow too. That's about it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
FOG LIGHT QUESTION:

Do you guys drive at night with the fog lights ON every night? or only when there is rain, fog, dust or snow?
hardly rain or fog here, so just use it for look :)

41 - 60 of 115 Posts