Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the HID slim ballast kit.

Ships directly from China - took 10 days.

Now need to install - looking to mount symmetrically and inconspicuously.

Completely plug and play.

Here are the components

Maybe install tomorrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do you know or can you please let me know if the CT throws a error code when it detects a burnt headlight bulb. I just want to make sure I get the correct harness. If you dont know what I'm talking about, some cars throw an error code when it detects a burnt bulb. In the case of the HID kits they use a lot lower wattage which will trigger the error. I would check myself but I'm still waiting on my CT. Thanks:D

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other owners who have installed these kits report no problems. Unlike BMW's and Mercedes u don't need the relay harness. What u see in the pics is provided in the kit and is all you need.

BMWs use a can bus with low signal voltages that is why they need a relay for the supply voltage.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes these replace the low beam bulbs. Purchased from DDM - 55 watt 4500 K H11
Cost approx. $55 inc. shipping.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes these replace the low beam bulbs. Purchased from DDM - 55 watt 4500 lumens H11
Cost approx. $55 inc. shipping.
Not sure what 4500 lumens looks like...I would get something like these...I just hate the cheesy looking blue lights so many of the kids put on their cars...are these more of a pure white? And, when installed, post a pic...wondering if the beam pattern is wide or one of the cheaper kind that shoots straight down...thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Not sure what 4500 lumens looks like...I would get something like these...I just hate the cheesy looking blue lights so many of the kids put on their cars...are these more of a pure white? And, when installed, post a pic...wondering if the beam pattern is wide or one of the cheaper kind that shoots straight down...thanks.
4500 Kelvin scale is pure white and the brightest/most like true sunlight. Once you start going higher than 4500K, that's when you'll start to see the blue hue. I have 4500K on my G35 that I'm selling and LOVE them and will also go with the kit posted by the OP above.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As the previous post states these are pure white. The beam pattern stays the same as b4, they replace the low beam bulb in the projector.

The HID provides a much larger amount of illumination.

Definitely worth the $55 for the slim ballast very easy to make inconspicuous.

I just finished the install will post pictures later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
other owners who have installed these kits report no problems. Unlike BMW's and Mercedes u don't need the relay harness. What u see in the pics is provided in the kit and is all you need.

BMWs use a can bus with low signal voltages that is why they need a relay for the supply voltage.
Thanks, thats good to know that I wouldn't need a canbus harness. It should save a few bucks. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Darn it...why can't I live near Madison, CT?? I can't wait to see. Definitely something I can not do myself. ;-(

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Definitely worth the $55 for the slim ballast very easy to make inconspicuous.
Mind if I ask why you're trying to make the install inconspicuous? Do you not want the dealer to see it if they're servicing your car or something?

Please do post pics when done, good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also thinking about the DDM kit. Heard goods and bads about them. Let us know how it works out for you. I want a kit that works with the Auto headlight switch that CT has

1 - 12 of 12 Posts