Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I've always considered getting a Hybrid vehicle but till now none of the Hybrid I've tested has me interested enough to pull the trigger.
I've test driven the Prius, Insight and CR-Z and finally on June 4th my wife and I made an appointment to test drive the CT and she fell in love with it.

Since late '09 I switched one of my vehicle to a Diesel powered BMW 335d and early this Feb I traded in a gas guzzling SUV for the '11 VW Jetta TDI.

But in May my daughter moved back home and we needed another car so we started looking again and this time I though I should look for a Hybrid.

I am very impressed with the level of luxury and technology offered in the CT and it's performance is not too shabby and since the SO loves the CT we decided it's time to get one.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Welcome to the family, how long is the wait time?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congratulating! I wish the new Jetta wasn't that cheap now! Only the new GLI is made in Germany! But I would consider the Passat 2012 Tdi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the family, how long is the wait time?
2~3 months! I told the CA that if he has a cancellation to let me know so I can get it earlier but I won't count on it.
Congratulating! I wish the new Jetta wasn't that cheap now! Only the new GLI is made in Germany! But I would consider the Passat 2012 Tdi.
I was using the Jetta TDI as my DD as I cover 200~300 KM per day and it gets 850~900 KM per tank (56 L on refill) and right now Diesel is cheaper than RUG! The performance is awesome as though I drive it like I stole it and @ 120~140 KM/Hr on the highways I still get 6.1L/100 KM or around 39~40 US MPG!.

My daughter is using it now so I have to use my 335d as my DD till the CT arrives.:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure which model you're considering, but try getting in touch with Lexus of Barrie to see what they have left. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Starfire fully loaded with the Technology Package.
I've checked at Lexus (Eglington/Leslie) none available.
I'll call Lexus in Barrie and see since the dealership I ordered from says I can cancel anytime.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have more chance to get one right now in other color than in white..........
You're right.
I called the Barrie Dealership and they do have a Sunset Yellow with Tech Package.

I'm concern that the colour is too controversial and may be hard to sell in future.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I looked at the yellow too when I bought mine. Just too out there for me, but eh, it's not a bad colour.
I was fortunate enought to have a choice of tech package colours of the yellow, gray and Fire Agate. I ordered the Fire Agate and waited only two weeks. Man, did I get one at the right time!
Kind of glad I didn't get the gray. Seems ever other Corolla Toyota sells is that colour, so it would have looked too common. And besides, the pearl paint comes across much better on my colour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I were in the target demographic (30~40) I might look hip in that colour!;)
But at 61 going on 62 I don't think my SO would agree for me to try and relive my youth!:D:D

So I think I'll wait for the Starfire Pearl which is our preferred colour and it does make the CT look classy and shows off the shape beter than a Black which would be a nightmare to keep clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts