Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took ownership of smoky Granite MICA with black leather and navigation and premium sound. We had actually ordered a base car (fire agate pearl with carmel nuluxe) but had some problems with dealer. Went to another dealer and this car was on the floor room with a sold tag. While we were talking to the dealer he was informed that the loan was not approved and the car was available. After very little deliberation my wife and I decided to purchase it since we could take immediate possession.
This past weekend we took a trip to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area which involved driving through winding mountain roads (some with a 7 degree incline) and some interstate driving maintaining around 70 MPH. The car handled fantastic. It held the winding mountain roads like a sport car and stayed in the mid to high ECO range on the interstate. The only time there was any engine strain was maintaining 60 to 65 MPH during the last mile or so of a six mile 7 degree incline. For the trip we averaged 47.3 MPG and our overall average since purchase is 49.1.
We have yet to see another CT200h and my wife and I have a bet for who sees the 1st one, if she does she gets to buy herself a gift and if I do I get to buy her a gift. Woman's logic.
The only issue we have had is that sometimes with the audio off if we drive near a high voltage line the XM comes on. The dealer has not heard of this issue so we will monitor to see how often it happens.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the board and the CT community. Sounds like you are already having a great time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, welcome.

I've not seen another one either, which is fun. Usually, after I buy a car I see a zillion of them on the road. Fun to have the outlier, for once....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Every single time I think I see one, it's a Mazda 3!

:p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
OMG. SO TRUE. I always think I see a CT but it ends up being either a Mazda 3 or a Subaru Imprezza Hatch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mclaurin3 - I'm in ATL, actually have the same car on order with Hennessy Atlanta, If you tell me you got it from them, I'm going to SCREAM...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ahhh, well done then Mclaurin3... My wait continues :-( BTW, i've only ever seen one other in ATL so far, there's got to be some hiding, but about a week ago I passed one (slowly, just to check it out) on it's way down I-85S towards the Airport... A White one...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts