Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been looking for a new set of wheels for a 2014 ct. I am currently looking at either 18x8.75 +33 or 19x8.75 +35. These are the XXR 530 wheels.

My ideal setup would be staggered 8.75 front and 9.75 rear which they do make in these 2 different sizes but not sure if I can even come close to getting a 9.75 to fit in the rear. Of course I would rather not have to do a roll/pull and just stick with 8.75 all around. I also would want to stay away from any excessive negative camber.

Any suggestions for tires if the above setup will work?

I've done quite a bit of research on the forum here and over at CL but couldnt really get confirmation that either of these sizes would work. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has anything advice on this? I'm really itching to get a set of new shoes for the car but no local shops carry XXR so i would need to order online and would be screwed if they dont fit... Any help is appreciated guys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
First I would not change the rim size as that would require a lower profile tire. Having a Lower profile tire lower than the 215 45 17 would put some serious stress on the suspension.
also this may void any warranties you have with the vehichle including engine and transmission.

The trident rims from,lexus are very cool and rare to find. I would suggest them. If you are looking for the best possible tires then I would recommend the michelin premier a/s. if you are looking for the best bang for the buck 80000 mile tread life then I would recommend the continental true contact very smooth tire and comfort ride technology.

·
380 Posts
Having a Lower profile tire lower than the 215 45 17 would put some serious stress on the suspension.
also this may void any warranties you have with the vehichle including engine and transmission.
That's all false.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahah. Yea i was quite puzzled after reading his comment. I never really ran into a fitment issue since i dont usualy go overly aggressive but then again my previous cars all had plenty of space to play with.

To be honest though i have never been a fan of the trident rims.

Just still very frustrated since i dont want to order these rims just to have them not fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts