Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering a CT in January, I have on thing I am not sure about and would like your feedback. I plan on the Tungsten Pearl with black NuLux, F Sport package. My question is because many of your posts mention a by pass for the GPS, is the GPS really such a pain? If so I may not order it. What is the biggest problem with the GPS, if the problem is so bad is the bypass effective and will the dealers take care of it.
Thank You for your help, I have never been on a forum for cars, only for motorcycles. You have given me many ideas, Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought mine few days ago. I was really unsure, but sooooo happy that I've bought my car. Tangsten pearl with Fsport and black leather.
I was so sceptical about everything in this car: price, look, quality,features etc.
Right I am enjoying my car to foolest and so happy that I've made my decision.
About the GPS im still determying how it is working, but I've definatly saw much better GPS before.
The feature that I really don't like that it's not lowering the volume when the music is on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am used to not using the volume with a GPS. It is annoying! So I leave it off.

Alo, if you have an iPhone. "Lexus Enform" has an app that you can program a destination with and it will send it directly to your car. I have not tried it yet - will report when I have done so.

Love the F-Sport BTW but my Tungsten is a premium model. I wanted the smoothest ride possible. Love those Trident wheels!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, I like having the GPS. It's like the central computer for the entire car. It might be annoying not to be able to change anything until your car is going less than 10mph, but the directions I've received from the GPS has been pretty good. Also, I think the mouse in the center console looks cool and it just adds an additional luxury feeling when you're driving around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my CT

Thank You for the feedback. I ordered my CT yesterday. I changed from my last post I ordered the Starfire Pearl with Carmel NuLux. Not the F-sport package, I got the LED headlamps instead and I did get the Nav.

I ended up getting the Starfire Pearl because I saw some Lexus that color on the road and I really liked the color. I saw the NuLux Carmel at the dealer on another Lexus and I really liked it, I was going to settle for the Black so I could get the F Sport but I decided I wanted the Carmel worse than I wanted the F-Sport.

It is supposed to be a 3 month wait, I'll post pictures when I get it!

·
Registered
371 Posts
One of the (many) things I don't like about the Lexus navigational system is instead of bringing you right up the driveway of your programmed destination... it only gets you "about" there. All my other built in nav systems bring you right to the front door and then it will say, "You have reached your destination." Lexus/Toyota need to take lessons from Acura/Honda or from Nissan/Infinity. Once you've used one of their systems, it hard going back to something so unrefined. And, only a female voice -- give me a break. I'd rather listen to my wife giving me driving directions. Now I either Google my destinations or use my portable Garmin GPS for directions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank You for the feedback. I ordered my CT yesterday. I changed from my last post I ordered the Starfire Pearl with Carmel NuLux. Not the F-sport package, I got the LED headlamps instead and I did get the Nav.

I ended up getting the Starfire Pearl because I saw some Lexus that color on the road and I really liked the color. I saw the NuLux Carmel at the dealer on another Lexus and I really liked it, I was going to settle for the Black so I could get the F Sport but I decided I wanted the Carmel worse than I wanted the F-Sport.

Congrats! I have the same exact color combo, waited a month for it...well worth it! Would of loved to have the LED headlamps but the wait was too long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! I have the same exact color combo, waited a month for it...well worth it! Would of loved to have the LED headlamps but the wait was too long.
I have been questioning my choice of the LED headlamps, I have not seen a CT with the LED's have you? If so what is your opinion, are they worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been questioning my choice of the LED headlamps, I have not seen a CT with the LED's have you? If so what is your opinion, are they worth the extra cost?
I have not seen one with LED's yet (even at dealer), but then again, I rarely see any CTs on the road as well. It all depends on what you are looking for. The LEDs are a pricey option (specially with close alternatives being much cheaper), but if you want to stick to OEM, have true HIDs, and have no gap in the LED strip, you really do not have much of a choice. If the LED headlamps were available when I ordered, I would of certainly got it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the LEDs are a great option. I dont think you would regret a thing. LEDs makes the car look that much more modern. I dont have the option on mine, but the LED strips or whatever it is below the headlight looks good too. I also really like the NAV. Not only is it useful to not have a portable unit attached to your windshield, but you get a cool screen instead of the small green strip for the radio. Just my opinion, but it definitely feels more luxurious. Congrats!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Congrats! I am going to take delivery in 2 days, and I also got a Starfire. It is a fully loaded F-Sports Special Edition. Can't wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts