Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally narrowed down my extensive search for a new used car to the Lexus CT200h. One problem… I don't want black carpeting. It shows every dog hair. I just found out yesterday that every color combo, regardless of seat color, contains black carpet. I was so bummer! I was told by Lexus that my only option would be to buy a new one and order custom carpet. That's not going to happen since my budget is low $20k.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of an online resource for finding a used 2012 or 2013 car with custom carpet? I'm hoping others had the aversion to the black carpet, but had the budget to order it custom and now want to sell it. A girl can dream. :cool:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I finally narrowed down my extensive search for a new used car to the Lexus CT200h. One problem… I don't want black carpeting. It shows every dog hair. I just found out yesterday that every color combo, regardless of seat color, contains black carpet. I was so bummer! I was told by Lexus that my only option would be to buy a new one and order custom carpet. That's not going to happen since my budget is low $20k.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of an online resource for finding a used 2012 or 2013 car with custom carpet? I'm hoping others had the aversion to the black carpet, but had the budget to order it custom and now want to sell it. A girl can dream. :cool:
That's going to be like finding a needle in a very large haystack. Unfortunately I highly doubt someone has done this before. Even if someone has, the likelihood of them also selling the car is slim to none.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
414 Posts
Floor mats cover most of the carpet - also try 3rd party mats like Weathertech.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Although dog hair accumulates mostly on the ground, you're still going to get a lot of hair all over the interior which is black on most cars. I have a dog that sheds like no tomorrow, so I rarely drive her around, but if that's not the possibility for you, you could pick up the Weathertech or 3D MAXpider floor mats which cover more than OEM mats and also come in variety of colors. I use the 3D mats with Drop Stop (car seat gap filler) to try to keep things nice and tidy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just a customer floor mat. Only carpeting you would still see if the back for the front seats near the floor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Floor mats cover most of the carpet - also try 3rd party mats like Weathertech.
Agreed! The liners cover more of the floor so you won't see they don't match the carpet. Plus, they're really easy to clean and you don't have to vacuum as much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another idea is to get a cargo mat and put your dogs in the trunk like I do. The front stays as clean as can be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also don't like the black carpet and just picked up my 2012 last night. I'm going to order carpets for the front and hatch to match my caramel colored seats. I'm also going to order wood interior trim to spiff it up and reduce the % of black dull surfaces. I'm sure it will all make a difference and look great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts