Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the CT200h owners. I have a 2012 FSport- almost 144k miles- I got it at 48k. I have had it for 5+ years- I have done my best to maintain it and it currently runs great. However, yesterday while on the highway when I turned my heat on a smell, like the smell of burning plastic started. I am not seeing/feeling any issues with electrical or loss of power. Head gaskets (and all things associated) were replaced April 2020. I checked it after I parked and pulled a plastic bag (looked a little melted) and some paper napkins, etc out of the engine. I took it out today, ran the heat (AC/heat works fine) and the smell appears to have dissipated. However, after I got out the car I could smell the burning plastic on passenger side. It does not smell like antifreeze or oil and both appear to at level without any noticeable loss. (I am still monitoring for leaks) I am wondering if the the plastic bag melted internally as it appeared to be melted a bit when I pulled it out and the remaining residue is just burning off. Any thoughts on what it could be? The car is running perfectly and I do not want to exacerbate any possible issues. Thank for comments....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts