Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I just took delivery of a new CT200H on Saturday
Its end of financial year in Australia so many dealerships are doing big discounts. I walked in on Wednesday last week and took delivery on Saturday.
I was lucky enough to score a real good deal on a colour combination I was after.

Its a bit of a step down for me going from my car history ('05 STI - 400HP), EVO IX - 440HP, tunned M3 - 550HP)
But I felt like I was done with the whole tons of power under the bonnet pissing contest and I really loved the little luxuries the Lexus has

Mine is an F Sport Model with Sunroof, 10 speaker stereo, Sat Nav, heated Seats, Leather, Electric everything pretty much (its a Lexus) so I probably don't have to tell you all about it. The only thing that was missing is the HID lights which I will be putting on soon. I see some of you have done this already and it looks great!!!

Well Just wanted to introduce myself and put up a few photos.
Looking forward to meeting some great people and share my knowledge and experience along the way

Cheers, Kris

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the Lexus family! =P

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congratulations

It's good to see another Australian on here and with an F-Sport as well.

That means I might stand a chance of see another one on the road now !

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very nice I love caramel or ecru inside! Sometime I think I should buy a Ct in USA just to get a better combo color than only black like here in Canada!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Steve, I am from Melbourne. I can only assume you are Sydney based from your photo?
In that case you might be waiting little longer to see another one on the road mate. :)

Yes I couldn't resist the F sport styling. It was worth a bit extra.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Welcome - wish we had that wheel color !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Walked in Wednesday, took delivery Saturday on a CT with gorgeous black wheels ... and at a discount . I'm so jealous. :(

Welcome anyways :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Steve, I am from Melbourne. I can only assume you are Sydney based from your photo?
In that case you might be waiting little longer to see another one on the road mate. :)

Yes I couldn't resist the F sport styling. It was worth a bit extra.
I am in Melbourne as well ringwood east

the picture was identical to mine so i used it and it's sort of recognizable that I'm in Australia, may be time to change it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I love the gunmental F-Sport wheels :)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I thought the F-sport wheels were different?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought the F-sport wheels were different?
No here in Australia the F-Sport Wheels are the same style but they are Gun Metal Grey

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walked in Wednesday, took delivery Saturday on a CT with gorgeous black wheels ... and at a discount . I'm so jealous. :(

Welcome anyways :)
Maybe I should have left that comment out of my post.
Didn't realise there is such a long wait and such a demand for these cars all over the globe until I found this forum.

Really not trying to rub it in, just shared my story of getting one.
There are at least another 5 at the dealership I bought from ready to drive out the door. :p

Then again you have to take into consideration that in Australia these cars are priced rather expensive compared to the states. My wife is from the US and every year we visit and we come back I want to kill myself for about a month on what we pay here compared to there.

The Starting price is $44,990 AUD
An F sport starts at around $55,000 + 2.5K for sunroof option

I was able to get a real good deal as it was end of the financial year and dealers are trying to get cars out of the doors to make their numbers. Anyone in Australia can get great deals over the next 3 days. Dealers are signing over anything to get sales right now!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe I should have left that comment out of my post.
Didn't realise there is such a long wait and such a demand for these cars all over the globe until I found this forum.

Really not trying to rub it in, just shared my story of getting one.
There are at least another 5 at the dealership I bought from ready to drive out the door. :p

Then again you have to take into consideration that in Australia these cars are priced rather expensive compared to the states. My wife is from the US and every year we visit and we come back I want to kill myself for about a month on what we pay here compared to there.

The Starting price is $44,990 AUD
An F sport starts at around $55,000 + 2.5K for sunroof option

I was able to get a real good deal as it was end of the financial year and dealers are trying to get cars out of the doors to make their numbers. Anyone in Australia can get great deals over the next 3 days. Dealers are signing over anything to get sales right now!!!
Our top of the line fully loaded CT is about $40k, so I suppose I have no real reason to complain about the high availability of cars in Australia. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Our top of the line fully loaded CT is about $40k, so I suppose I have no real reason to complain about the high availability of cars in Australia. :rolleyes:
When the exchange rates were about US $1 = AU $1.3 the price difference made some sense but now the AU dollar is strong the rates are about US $1 = AU $0.95 but car prices have not changed ! :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
When the exchange rates were about US $1 = AU $1.3 the price difference made some sense but now the AU dollar is strong the rates are about US $1 = AU $0.95 but car prices have not changed ! :confused:
Actually, a very significant reason why we ordered the CT was that the price of Lexus cars came down as the value of the CDN dollar went up. German cars, for example, are at least 20% more expensive in Canada then in the US ... but the CT is around the same price.

So in Canada, the CT is more car for much less money then its direct competitors (Audi A3, BMW 128i, Volvo C30, etc.). For example, the BMW 128i starts at $30,950 in the US, but costs $36,000 in Canada.

I think that is a really significant reason why the waiting lists for CTs are so long in Canada.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Guys

I just took delivery of a new CT200H on Saturday
Its end of financial year in Australia so many dealerships are doing big discounts. I walked in on Wednesday last week and took delivery on Saturday.
I was lucky enough to score a real good deal on a colour combination I was after.
Any interior photos?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Another Aussie here (albeit originally from the UK-hence the login).

Signing up in anticipation of our CT200h due in to the dealer in about 4-5 weeks time.

Looking forward to significantly reducing my fuel consumption in stop start Sydney traffic!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts