Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum and I enjoy reading posts from other members. I am from Connecticut and I ordered last week my ct200h premium, tungsten pearl, audio and sat nav packages. My dealer is telling me a delivery time of June/july the earliest. That is very disappointing! Also After ordering I realize how cool the LED headlights are... is it possible to swap the headlights later on, just wondering if the non LEDs are the same dimensions. Any ideas?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome, good to have you on board. The LED lights are completely different. I like the non LED lights. They put out a good bright light pattern. Remember the LED lights are low beam only.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Congrats, and welcome! Hopefully the wait isn't too long. You will enjoy the audio (although its no Mark Levinson :() and the Nav. I was skeptical at first about the remote-touch as I had only previously used it on a stand/HS250h at Detroit Auto Show few years back but I love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For the welcome guys, I may just stick it out with the NON LEDs. The LED DRLs seemed a little on the dull side when I turned several of them on when I was looking at cars in various showrooms. They looked dull to the point of park lights---for all you guys who already own CTs, how bright do you find there LED DRLs to be? or could it be that the batteries on the showroom floors were probably "run down"?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats, and welcome! Hopefully the wait isn't too long. You will enjoy the audio (although its no Mark Levinson :() and the Nav. I was skeptical at first about the remote-touch as I had only previously used it on a stand/HS250h at Detroit Auto Show few years back but I love it.

I really thought they would have at least made it close to the Mark Levinson. What do you find lacking with this system?
I was also wondering if the sat nav screen was a touch screen too or just remote touch. Dealers didnt have any cars with nav package. Thank you

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum and I enjoy reading posts from other members. I am from Connecticut and I ordered last week my ct200h premium, tungsten pearl, audio and sat nav packages. My dealer is telling me a delivery time of June/july the earliest. That is very disappointing! Also After ordering I realize how cool the LED headlights are... is it possible to swap the headlights later on, just wondering if the non LEDs are the same dimensions. Any ideas?
Hi - we are down by the shoreline look forward to a fellow CT "CT" owner!

:p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I thought the DRL are LED by default? Are you referring to the headlamps?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the DRL are LED by default? Are you referring to the headlamps?
The DRLs are LEDs. I was referring to them looking quite dull on the vehicles I saw at at least two different dealerships. I was wondering if other drivers have noticed the same thing (LED DRLs not being very bright), or could it be that the ones I saw had batteries that were drained, being on the floor for so long...?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
AHHHHH. Yes. Mine seem kind of dull compared to Audi's DRLs. It seems like their LEDs are more blue. Or maybe it just looks more dull because they are LEDs against a white car vs. LEDs against a black Audi; better contrast. Not completely sure.

The cars you saw in the showroom, were they Starfire Pearl?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
AHHHHH. Yes. Mine seem kind of dull compared to Audi's DRLs. It seems like their LEDs are more blue. Or maybe it just looks more dull because they are LEDs against a white car vs. LEDs against a black Audi; better contrast. Not completely sure.

I've noticed this, on my Obsidian the LEDs look just as good as Audi's, but not as bright as the current ones on the new Mercedes (those things are bright). I think it has a lot to do with the contrast of being on a nice dark vehicle. I noticed this when they came out with the first videos for the car in Paris they had a Starfire Pearl driving beside a Graphite Mica and you could barely see the LEDs on the Starfire.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
That sounds about right. It's funny how light can play tricks on your eyes. The new Mercedes LEDs are definitely bright, but I've only seen those on black MBs, and they seem like they're located where the foglights should go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

one was obsidian, the other was tungsten

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im so discouraged, I called nearly all lexus dealers int he tristate area ..lol... and none had CTs in stock...im hearing 6-9 months. I already ordered one from another dealer who told me June--Im starting to wonder now if he is just playing games...smh

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't feel too bad-- I called 5 dealers across NC, VA, and SC and the soonest I was quoted was June also (which I think is overly optimistic)- I'm on the waiting list at one that didn't require a deposit and one that did. Whoever gets it first wins the business, unless the winner lowballs the trade.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yes, the wait is torture. I feel your pain. You'll be glued to this forum during your painstaking wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't feel too bad-- I called 5 dealers across NC, VA, and SC and the soonest I was quoted was June also (which I think is overly optimistic)- I'm on the waiting list at one that didn't require a deposit and one that did. Whoever gets it first wins the business, unless the winner lowballs the trade.
I passed passed the CT's rival on the highway today, (Audi A3) and I said to my wife, "Thats plan B" but 5 mins later, I passed a Ct 200h tungsten pearl, DRLs blazing... I said to my wife "I'm definitely going to wait till august if I have to" It looks so amazing in motion!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome aboard! Yes, the wait is torture. I feel your pain. You'll be glued to this forum during your painstaking wait.
certainly not fun and games, and the worse part is that I have a trade, a 2006 Infiniti m35x (16.9MPG average) that I have to keep locked in my garage as not to affect appraisal value by running up the miles...very frustrating. I hope its worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts