Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in the dash close up on the Reno dealer website a button for (what I am guessing) a heated steering wheel.

Given that the Mark Levinson sound system is also pictured, it makes me think that this might be a UK-only feature.

Is there any information regarding the heated steering wheel availability in the US?

Thanks!

http://lexusofrenoblog.com/Lexus-CT-200h-Steering-Wheel-Dashboard-JPG.png

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wishful thinking....

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see in the dash close up on the Reno dealer website a button for (what I am guessing) a heated steering wheel.

Given that the Mark Levinson sound system is also pictured, it makes me think that this might be a UK-only feature.

Is there any information regarding the heated steering wheel availability in the US?

Thanks!

http://lexusofrenoblog.com/Lexus-CT-200h-Steering-Wheel-Dashboard-JPG.png car electronics

Funny at first I thought it would be stupid to have a heated steering wheel but then I realized how cold my hands get when I drive in the Winter so actually that sounds like a really good idea!!! =)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if my impressions are typical, but I used to commute 50 miles to work (each way, for 6 years). Having to keep my hands on the wheel the entire time would cause my, slightly older, fingers to cramp. Factor in the cold, and they simply ache.

Seems like a small add-on?? and if a person is willing to pay full MSRP, we should get all the bells and whistles. Right!!??

Seems like there are plenty of expert dealer reps on this site, but I will sure be insisting my local dealer pursue this for me [but won't have my hopes set too high]

Still very excited about this little car!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Trust me, I begged, kicked and screamed for Ventilated seats and Mark Levinson. No luck. Lexus wants this car to be at a certain price point. I can't blame them really. Heck, with all my options, I am looking at a $40k CT !

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Lucy, the button that you see in the picture, is the adjustment for the adaptive cruise control. I have the same button in my CT.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Well, the button for the heated steering wheel is in that picture too. It's the third button on the lower console to the left of the steering wheel.

Unfortunately, this and the Mark Levinson system are unavailable in the US.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
It also looks like only cars outside the US w/ the premium audio and Navigation system can play DVDs while parked. Our cars can only play CDs/MP3 CDs in the US.

That sucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So in the owner's manual the heated steering wheel is on page 440 and the intuitive parking assist is on page 233. These are options that are available in Europe but will never be available in the U.S.?

I also see there is a button to activate the windshield wiper de-icer. Does anyone in the U.S. have this option?

I'm assuming the button for the headlight cleaner would only be there if you have the LED headlights option, correct?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. Headlight washers are only included w/ the LED headlamps package.

I think our Canadian neighbors have the windshield wiper de-icer.

No heated steering wheel or intuitive parking assist in the US. Maybe for the 2012 version?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Old thread but anyway.
We have the wiper defrost here in the EU. But there is no button at the steering wheel. It is hidden in the climate control display of the navi screen.
I wish we had here the steering wheel heater....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes. Headlight washers are only included w/ the LED headlamps package.

I think our Canadian neighbors have the windshield wiper de-icer.

No heated steering wheel or intuitive parking assist in the US. Maybe for the 2012 version?
Yes, we get the windshield wiper de-icer in Canada with the tech. package.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am in Milwaukee and we have the wiper de-icer here. Very helpful when it gets really cold and you forget to lift the wipers off the window when you go to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got in my decorative heated steering wheel, clock spring and on/off button, will try to install blind and report back to you. I got my parts from Russia.

This steering wheel has paddle shifters that will not be operational and the radar cruise button that won't work either although I wonder if I can get to work with additional components, it does look like we have the plugs to make the heated steering wheel work, but I will confirm when it is installed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Leonar40, So I was able to install the steering wheel, on/off button, and clock spring which was plug and play all the way, but that is where the easy part ends...

After installing I now have a traction control light, I think it is because the steering angle sensor needs zero point calibration as the clock spring came from another car which mostly likely had a slightly different angle than what my car has. I need to do an alignment and I was told that zero point calibration is necessary afterwards anyway, so I'll have them do the alignment and calibration and hopefully that issue is solved.

The other problem I ran into is finding the slot for the heated steering wheel relay, it is somewhere way up in the dash and I can't seem to locate the exact spot for it, I was able to find what I think is the correct relay box but is on top of the fuse box so I can only go in by feel, nothing I can see.

There was already a relay in on one side of the relay boxes with a blank next to it, with a little research I think that the blank is NOT for the steering wheel heater, besides it is a blank dud plug with no contacts so it wouldn't work anyway. I was told that the relay location is on the other side of the same relay box, but there doesn't seem to be anything I feel at this point but I will keep trying.

I was able to find a wiring diagram for the heated steering wheel and running my own wires and tapping the relay elsewhere wouldn't be too hard at all actually, so I will make it work one way or another, I just want to keep trying to find the actual relay blank spot for this so hopefully I don't need to splice anything and keep everything factory.

Will report back an post picture on how it goes if I get it to work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.