Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Hope this is the correct category to ask this question. I’m a newbie to owning a 2014 CT200h and my headlights are horrible at night. I wanted to put some LEDs in but have read where they don’t do well with halogens.
kinda night blind so something that is bright enough but not so bright it will blind others.
What do you all use?
Thanks for the inputs!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
193 Posts
You could try doing the "H11 to H9" bulb swap, instructions can be Googled. This simply puts in a brighter high beam bulb in the projectors. I'm not sure what is horrible about your head lights, but this is probably the best and easiest and cheapest and most effective option. I tried Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 LED bulbs in mine and they were fine, brighter. But I ended up opening the lights and swapping in the M-LED 2.0 retrofit projector for a completely upgraded output. The color of LEDs is bluish though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try doing the "H11 to H9" bulb swap, instructions can be Googled. This simply puts in a brighter high beam bulb in the projectors. I'm not sure what is horrible about your head lights, but this is probably the best and easiest and cheapest and most effective option. I tried Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 LED bulbs in mine and they were fine, brighter. But I ended up opening the lights and swapping in the M-LED 2.0 retrofit projector for a completely upgraded output. The color of LEDs is bluish though.
Thank you for giving me some insight, the problem with the ones I have now, they don’t project far enough out, I had a 2014 Corolla S before the CT200h and the headlights on it were a lot brighter.

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
6 Posts
Here's what i did.... The easy eagles are in low beams. The main H11's are high beams... The top compact H11's are in the fogs. H11 and 16 are the same, minus the 16 being a physically shorter bulb. No complaints here, no flashing from blinding other drivers, and i see everything when highbeams are on.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
193 Posts
Thank you for giving me some insight, the problem with the ones I have now, they don’t project far enough out, I had a 2014 Corolla S before the CT200h and the headlights on it were a lot brighter.
I wonder if it's because the Corolla has basic reflectors, vs the CT which has projectors with the sharp cutoff. Perhaps you could try raising the aim of the projectors to a higher level to improve the projection farther out. If you shine the lights on a white wall, do they seem to have a good uniform pattern of brightness? I've never really heard of projector burning on this car, and halogen bulbs can get a little dimmer over time like anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOVSIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 55W/Pair 10000LM 6000K 1:1 Mini Design Car Replacement Lights of Halogen and Xenon Kit 2 Lamps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S295...abc_4YW9DQXCETZMFKEWB77K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I have these installed for around 3 months now. Took about 5 mins to install both, just as changing bulb. Much brighter then halogens, but with sharp cut, so not blinding anyone. When it rains, i noticed that signs ahead get brighter, but i guess all LED are reflecting from wet tarmac. I saw in other forums that some had problems with auto lights when installing LED. I have auto lights and no problems at all.

·
Registered
2012 Fire Agate Pearl
6 Posts
Aside from reaiming mine, ZERO issues. LED's may not be as bright as HID's, but have zero warmup time and cost a fraction. Definitely a good jump. Additionally, even though there's a cutoff, there's always a small bit of scatter. That's the signs lighting in the distance that you see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts