Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the upgraded headlights. Apparently they are not very common. I don't like the daytime running lights on the basic headlights because they are broken up by the lamp tube/projector thing. I have a couple questions on what I need to do the swap.

I have heard them called the LED, Xenon, and HID. Which are they? Here is a pic I got from ebay: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Do I need the ballast part, or could I put aftermarket LED bulbs in place of the Xenon/HID spot?

Do I need any extra wiring/hookups to use them?

Oops, I probably should have named the thread "Headlight Swap Questions".

·
Registered
76 Posts
The basic headlights are standard halogen projectors with LED's however due to the oversized projector, the LED is broken up. With the upgraded headlights, the low beams are now part of two projectors which are in fact LED's, not HID's or Xenon bulbs. Because of the smaller size, they do not break up the DRL LED strip. It's not an easy swap from what I've been told. I don't know too much though.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
You'll need the housings and the ballasts. Everything else should bolt in.
It'll run you over $1k though. Not sure it's worth it.

You cannot use an aftermarket ballast because they're a different type of ballast. The OEMs are LED, any other ballast you get are HID ballasts. They're not interchangeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.