Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I noticed this morning that the top of the headlight lens is gathering a foggy appearance. This isn't that old. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this or have any suggestions. Thanks.
headlight_fog.jpg

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's not condensation, you can tell by the picture. Try using some cleaner wax on it. All plastic headlights will do that through time unless you maintain it. I use cleaner wax on my about 3-4 times a year and my headlights look perfect on my 4 year old CT. They also make headlight restoration kits but that for more severe conditions. Cleaner wax should clear it right up. I prefer Mothers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is oxidation of the clear coat on the headlight lens. The cleaner wax will do a good job at removing most of it and should be fine for most. If you'd like an alternate route, use a mild paint polish and an orbital to remove the oxidation. Then follow up with a couple coats of "opti-lens" by optimum. You will not get the oxidation again for a LONG time.
On another note, I do believe his is a factory defect as my 2013 fsport has the same oxidation. Garage kept day and night. Waxed regularly and still has the exact same marks as yours

·
Registered
251 Posts
it's an oxidation process... Mobay/Bayer (Pitts) has a product to remove that layer then apply a coating / then UV cure ===> makes it looks like brand new . I remember Costco offers this cleaning process but I am not sure where Costco is buying it from

1 - 6 of 6 Posts