Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something weird this morning concerning the time delay setting to turn of the headlights.

In my wife's car the turn off time is set at 30 seconds.

I didn't realize however that 30 seconds turn off is after you hit the stop button and you have opened then closed the door.

If you simply stop the engine and remain in the car the headlights remain on.

Presumably they turn off eventually, to avoid a dead battery, but I don't know what this delay time is. After what seemed like an eternity I opened the door and got out of the car then the lights turned off after an additional 30 seconds.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I never knew that or noticed that. I actually don't like the delay in turning them off and might change the setting. I never trust it and usually find myself double checking to make sure they finally turn off...not a comfortable feeling!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've never owned a car the this feature didn't turn off,so no worry on it being stuck on . I did turn this feature off though. Just wanted to conserve battery power

·
Registered
170 Posts
I never knew that or noticed that. I actually don't like the delay in turning them off and might change the setting. I never trust it and usually find myself double checking to make sure they finally turn off...not a comfortable feeling!
Ditto here!

I have my headlights set on AUTO, but since my wife drives the car more than me, I am never sure if she might have turned them to the OFF position. I always find myself walking away from the car backwards, making sure they eventually turn off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you're not comfortable trusting that they will turn off, you can reset the delay time to 0 seconds so that they turn off as soon as you close the door.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think i read in the personalized settings that tehre is a setting for it to turn off in a certain amount of time when you are still in your car, look into it, i think i saw it on the pdf that someone uploaded.. not 100% sure though

·
Registered
132 Posts
hit the disp button on the steering wheel to the setting, then hold it till you go into settings... then once your in go to the exterior lights or headlights... something like that and hold the disp button in till you get into the setting for it.. and go from there...

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You can also push the lock button twice on the remote and the headlights turn off immediately :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts