Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Lexus Ct200h
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 Ct with just over 58k miles and suddenly my headlights seem to be pointing downwards, but only the lowbeams. The high beams are fine but when I have only the low beam headlights on in a dark area the headlights only illuminate the ground ahead of me for 10, maybe 15 feet. I've had no accidents or anything to cause the alignment to change so I'm at a loss. Any suggestions as to cause would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aligning headlights is pretty straight forward. You’ll need a level ground with a wall 25’ away to do this. A tape measure, painter/masking tape to do this.

The adjustment knob is between the low and high beam housing (knurled knob that is silver in color). If you find it difficult to adjust via your fingers, I believe it takes a 8mm nut on it if you want to use a socket. I’d recommend against using tons of torque on it if it’s jammed. Also a little adjustment goes a long way.

Here is a visual guide to help

·
Registered
2013 Lexus Ct200h
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for that detailed reply! That's fantastic, everything I need to get it done. I think the CT200h forum has the best, most helpful members of any car group I've ever belonged to. Seriously man I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 Ct with just over 58k miles and suddenly my headlights seem to be pointing downwards, but only the lowbeams. The high beams are fine but when I have only the low beam headlights on in a dark area the headlights only illuminate the ground ahead of me for 10, maybe 15 feet. I've had no accidents or anything to cause the alignment to change so I'm at a loss. Any suggestions as to cause would be greatly appreciated.
here is a pic of the back of the headlight. You can see the adjustment knob between the low and high beam bulb
Automotive design Digital camera Camera accessory Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts