Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

The purchase inspection for a used CT200H I consider buying, showed an issue with the head gasket. The dealer - a reseller of used Lexus vehicles - will now have the head gasket and possibly the waterpump replaced by a befriended Lexus mechanic. He is confident that this will solve the issue as the head gasket issue was caught before it could result in significant damage (i.e. no white smoke etc.). Besides the standard 1y 'hybrid health check' warranty - which came with the purchase inspection - the reseller offers a warranty on issues related to the head gasket.

Can I now be confident that I'll buy a car that will stay problem-free for the foreseeable future? Happy to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

James

Model: Lexus CT200h, Luxuryline
Built: 03-2011
Mileage: 185.000 KM
Service history; fully serviced by Lexus dealer, never any issue
Dealer: reputed reseller of used Lexus vehicles, affiliated with Lexus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear all,

The purchase inspection for a used CT200H I consider buying, showed an issue with the head gasket. The dealer - a reseller of used Lexus vehicles - will now have the head gasket and possibly the waterpump replaced by a befriended Lexus mechanic. He is confident that this will solve the issue as the head gasket issue was caught before it could result in significant damage (i.e. no white smoke etc.). Besides the standard 1y 'hybrid health check' warranty - which came with the purchase inspection - the reseller offers a warranty on issues related to the head gasket.

Can I now be confident that I'll buy a car that will stay problem-free for the foreseeable future? Happy to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

James

Model: Lexus CT200h, Luxuryline
Built: 03-2011
Mileage: 185.000 KM
Service history; fully serviced by Lexus dealer, never any issue
Dealer: reputed reseller of used Lexus vehicles, affiliated with Lexus
See post #76 here: Bad head gasket or bad head due to violent shudder This was a great solution for relatively low cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts