Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a photo of the conector where I think I goes but it is hard to know. I am think I have the 10 speaker setup on my Lexus CT200h.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have the 10 speaker sound system, you will only find the wires directly at the speakers or at the amplifier under the passenger seat. I tapped into the amplifier under the passenger seat to install my line output converter for my subwoofer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My friend just installed a JL Audio ACP108LG-W3v3 for me that has the amp built into the box and he was able to tap into the wires for the factory sub. Because the Amp has a setting for to detect when it should turn on, he ended up not having to run any cables to the front of the car and didn't have to install a bass knob either.

I tried to remove the cover from the Amp under the seat, in case he needed to tap into those cables but couldn't figure it out. It seemed like you'd have to remove the seat to get to it, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My friend just installed a JL Audio ACP108LG-W3v3 for me that has the amp built into the box and he was able to tap into the wires for the factory sub. Because the Amp has a setting for to detect when it should turn on, he ended up not having to run any cables to the front of the car and didn't have to install a bass knob either.

I tried to remove the cover from the Amp under the seat, in case he needed to tap into those cables but couldn't figure it out. It seemed like you'd have to remove the seat to get to it, but i could be wrong.
I would not tap into the subwoofer wiring. It has a pretty steep crossover, you will not get frequencies below 80hz. To access the wiring at the amp, you will need to remove the passenger seat from the car, or at least unbolt it and tilt it back if you do not wish to disconnect the seat wiring. The amp cover is held on by 3 small clips, but all you need to do is pry on the cover itself and it will lift up the clips. The bracket securing the amp to the car has two bolts hidden under a flap of carpet, right behind the VIN/Frame port. Once you remove those you can lift up the amp and disconnect the harnesses.

For my subwoofer signal, I chose to tap into the rear speakers and my Kicker KeyLOC confirms that this wiring puts out a full range signal. Here are the wiring colors- again this is from my experience with a 2015 F-Sport with the 10 speaker setup.

Left rear speaker- green(+), brown(-) - note that there are two sets of green and brown wires at the harness, you may need to test both as one set is for the tweeters.
Right rear speaker- red(+), white(-)

Here are a few pictures of the amp under the seat with and without the cover. The picture shows my Kicker KeyLOC installed but there is nothing in that empty space from the factory. The bolts are circled in red, the wiring harness is under the red rectangle.

also just realized this is not a subwoofer thread, but I figured the tapping location instructions are useful.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts