Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the bulb out that came with the car. The grey holder with the bulb in it. Now, how to get the bulb out of the grey thing...I'm looking like the new SMD LED had to go into that holder...is there something I squeeze to release the bulb? I tired pushing the bulb in and turning but I don't want to break the glass bulb in my hand. HELP pleae...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pull straight outwards. No turning needed. They can be a pain to get a grip around but use to loose up after a little while.
The standard lamp looka like this:
OK...got it out...put the new bulb in. Are all these LED license plate bulbs made with four LED's on the tip? Looks pretty bright. Funny thing was, after I put them in, turned on the lights and walked behind the car, nothing lit up where I installed them. I didn't realize there is a polarity on them. Took both of them out again and turned the bulbs around and it works now. Looks pretty cool. Need to really see it at night when it's dark outside. Not bad for $8/pair shipped to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nah there are loads and loads of versions, its the most common bulb type for this type of lights. Search for T10 wedge LED on google and you will see the huge supply :)

I have also switched all the lights for led, a very big difference indeed! The interiorlights I did choose was a bit too bright thou, its like daylight in there now :D
The mirror-leds didnt light up that much more, its the only once that I would like to have even brighter than now. Much better than the standard thou!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Yes getting the wedge bulb out of each holder was the hardest part of all my change outs.

Bipolar diodes LED's are an example operate by passing current in only one direction not in the other. That is why they are polarity sensitive.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
not really noticeable on my end. it actually illuminates my rear view camera screen better at night with the LEDs.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
bondguy - Glad to hear you figured it out. Would you mind posting pics at night with the rear license plate lights? I am hoping to find a bulb that's not so bright like Matt RN had posted on his install, just seemed way too bright for my liking!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK Audi4T...I put the bulbs in. They look ok. They seem bright when the car is in total darkness but when you go to the parking lot anywhere, and there are street lights, it doesn't seem to light up very bright....Not like the factory installed bulbs that light up real nice on the Lexus GS. If you have used bulbs, let me know where you got them. My lights have four of the yellow squares (LED's) on the top that shoot down. I have seen some with more LEDs' on them. If anyone really likes the brightness of theirs, let me know how much you paid and where you got them from.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Thanks for the link audi4t. How do your rear plate lights compare to the ones Matt installed? Any night time pics you can share of the rear plate (in the dark)?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts