Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to lower my CT but I am not sure what are the consequences? If you lowered your CT, how many inches and have you noticed anything different? such as the MPG and tire life? Pictures will be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have not lowered mine, but I have already encountered speed bumps and driveways that I bottom out on. Not sure why anyone would want to lower this car any more from a practical driving standpoint. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I just lowered mine yesterday (but they were only able to do the fronts right now...different story for a different thread). My last car was lowered so I know a bit about this, but not an expert.

To answer your questions:

Consequences - Firmer ride and slightly louder when hitting bumps, but looks much better IMO.

The front was lowered about 1.5" I believe and I now have a 2 finger gap up front. If anything, your MPG's would go up, given less airflow below the car. Tire life will only be sacrificed if you don't have it aligned properly and have too much negative camber (the insides of the tires would wear quicker).

Here are some before/after pics. Again, I still need to get the rear lowered to even it out.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
134 Posts
The front looks good. Please post pictures once the rears are installed. Who swapped the springs for you; how much did they charge; how long did it take for the fronts? Any problems with the installation? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good! Did you change both springs and shocks? What brand? And why didn't the back not done? Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Thanks guys.

GTR - I took it to a local shop that I get some assists from regularly for mod help (if I can't tackle it). They're in Tewksbury where I live, hit me with a PM if you want their name & #. I think it takes 45 min. per corner to do, so likely take 1.5 hrs for the front. I haven't paid yet, but when I lowered my last car, I paid $250 for the install (all 4 corners total) plus $70 for an alignment. The instructions require the front OEM bump stops to be cut down to allow for more travel, so the shop did that as part of the install.

Eddie - There's another thread on here I posted/started "Road Magnet Lowering Sprnigs", check it out, it will answer your questions. I did not change shocks/struts and was told they can handle these springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts