Lexus CT200h Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm encouraged by your earlier post that the windshield replacement is holding up well. I just got a 19,000 mi pre-owned in perfect condition and on the second day I drove it, the windshield cracked totally across my line of vision. I was driving through a parking lot, but I can see where a tiny mark near the left edge had probably taken a hit earlier. My insurance company gave me a hard time about OEM, which is being installed tomorrow.

After reading all the posts in this thread, sounds like the windshield is very delicate and making me a little paranoid. I haven't lost a windshield in the last 150,000 of driving, at least. Glad to hear someone has had good experience.
Surprisingly my insurance had no issues at all with me asking for OEM and also they covered the tint replacement which aws $350 alone. I've driven maybe another 20k mile since the windshield replacement and there are a lot of dimples (lot of highway driving and lot of road constructions) but no crack in sight. I expect it to last at least another 50k (hoping longer but we will see).

·
Registered
31 Posts
my insurance gave me a hard time about OEM as well. once they contacted safelite they were told that they dont make aftermarket glass for the CT, only OEM.
Well, that's interesting Maybe why they agreed without too many phone calls from me. I just drove it home today, looks like new, and invoice cost was $1061! My part was $100.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The windshied cost can vary - I was told that if you have automatic windscreen wipers the windscreen is much more expensive because it incorporates the rain sensor.
Price must have come down some....$215 installed offer from affordableautoglass.com

61 - 63 of 63 Posts