Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the genk45 and now I am trying to anticipate how I'll be wiring things. Is there some place I can tie into behind the ceiling lamps?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Gen45 but I'm just curious how you are going to install this. I'm assuming you have a regular rear view mirror and wanted to upgrade with this. Do you have to remove the original mirror and use the same mounting post? Or this new mirror came with it's mounting post so you have to remove the existing post from your windshield?

Back to your question, I'm sure there's some room behind the ceiling lights to hide whatever wiring that came with Gen45. I read some folks have wired their radar detector through the rear view mirror so it's possible for you to do the same.
Good luck with your mod.

Cheers,
Bill :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are 3 wires to be tapped. One wire is always on which I tapped into some wiring in the overhead console which is very easy to remove. Another wire is on with ignition which I run a wire and tapped into the cigarrett lighter wire. There might be some ignition-on wire in the overhead console but I didn't look for it and just run the wire down to the cigarett lighter wire for simplicity. The third wire is the ground. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I already installed this Wednesday night. It was a lot easier than I thought. I ran the the cables down to the fuse box. Tucking the wires behind the headliner was simple. There really isn't anything holding the edge down. Also, don't get freaked out by the side airbag pillar. That panel popped out pretty easy.

Red => 15A Power outlet
Yellow => 25A Door Lock
Black => Tighten to nut that contacts bare metal

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not familiar with the Gen45 but I'm just curious how you are going to install this. I'm assuming you have a regular rear view mirror and wanted to upgrade with this. Do you have to remove the original mirror and use the same mounting post? Or this new mirror came with it's mounting post so you have to remove the existing post from your windshield?

Back to your question, I'm sure there's some room behind the ceiling lights to hide whatever wiring that came with Gen45. I read some folks have wired their radar detector through the rear view mirror so it's possible for you to do the same.
Good luck with your mod.

Cheers,
Bill :cool:
Fortunately the CT uses a standard mounting wedge. To remove the factory mirror simply push up and out. The Gentex slides right over the existing wedge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts