Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got halogen fog lamps with the car. Wondering if anyone got the same and swapped them to the OEM LED fog lamps. Wondering what the difference in night driving is. Any suggestions welcome. I think the lamps are about $230 total for both. Would you do it?

·
Registered
990 Posts
I only got halogen fog lamps with the car. Wondering if anyone got the same and swapped them to the OEM LED fog lamps. Wondering what the difference in night driving is. Any suggestions welcome. I think the lamps are about $230 total for both. Would you do it?
I would just do LED bulbs. The OEM LED's are worthless and offer almost no light output. They are for looks only and offer no benefit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
165 Posts
I would just do LED bulbs. The OEM LED's are worthless and offer almost no light output. They are for looks only and offer no benefit.
That is not true.
The light output is just as good as stock if not better for the OEM LED fogs.

The only difference is the contrast. The halogens are more yellow so you can see the yellow light easier when you have white ambient light around.
The LED fogs are white light so you may not tell they are on if there is bright light already around you.

The LED fogs work great.

I have pictures here that show how the LED fogs provide very bright light.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/le...all-lexus-oem-led-fog-lights-2011-ct200h.html
He does not have to believe you or me. He can see from the pictures that the LED fogs work great.

Above shows no fogs.

This is with the LED fogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts